Posted on :
6 Nov, 2009
6 Nov, 2009
Axios Group is an organization dedicated to increasing access to health care in developing countries through innovative approaches. In the conception, design and implementation of a range of field programs globally, Axios has realized significant results in improving and expanding patient access to quality treatment and care, and validated new models and methodologies
Axios Group Nigeria recruits a candidate for the position of PROJECT DIRECTOR in the GHAIN consortium, of which Axios is a partner. This position is to be based in Abuja Nigeria
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Axios project director for GHAIN will provide technical leadership in health commodities management to the GHAIN project and for the implementing agencies and other stakeholders of GHAIN. GHAIN is the largest HIV/AIDS treatment project ever attempted in a developing country setting. The post holder will be a member of the GHAIN projects senior management.
The post is responsible for providing technical leadership to the strengthening of supply chain and logistics systems for the management of commodities for HIV/AIDS, TB and other health supplies for the whole of the GHAIN project.
This includes forecasting, procurement warehousing, distribution, the management of the logistics information (LMIS) and preparing reports for GHAIN and Axios management on all aspects of PSM.
The post holder is accountable for ensuring all commodities logistics management requirements are provided for adequately, effectively, and cost-optimally in the project
The GHAIN project director will report technically to the Director of Medical Services in the GHAIN project and operationally to the Country Directors of Axios Foundation Nigeria.
• Prepare logistics and support work plans, deployment timelines and budget requirements for current and planned programs of commodities supply;
• Oversee the arrangements, systems and control of all GHAIN project commodities at warehouse to ensure conformity with warehouse best practice and international standards;
• Strengthen the use of IT for PSM within the GHAIN project and the more effective use of data for decision making;
• Develop the capacity of GHAIN project team members (program management, medical services, laboratory services, M&E staff) in all aspects of supply chain management;
• Advise GHAIN senior management on the most cost-efficient organization of health commodities and other medical supplies to ensure optimal accountability of processes.
• Provide monthly reporting and quantification to GHAIN management on all aspects of commodities logistics for the project.
• Provide capacity building to GHAIN zonal offices on systems and monitoring for health commodities’ and utilization in Nigeria;
• Ensure that all documentation relating to supply chain for commodities in the project are complete and compliant with the established national systems;
• Provide TA to all tiers of government in Nigeria for strengthening national systems of forecasting, procurement, utilization, and supply chain management of health commodities.
• Represent GHAIN at national meetings related to health commodities management;
• In collaboration with CMS and other stakeholders, monitor in country pipelines and stock status at CMS and treatment facilities so as to avoid stock outs and overstock at all levels of the ART supply chain, and ensure that adequate levels of all required commodities are maintained at treatment facilities and CMS.
• In consultation with the Country Director of Axios and the Director of Medical Services in GHAIN, idenlif1 needs for specialized external logistics technical assistance and coordinate the sourcing and provision of this assistance;
• Provide regularly monthly briefs to the Axios Foundation Country Director on developments in and activities concerning the logistics system for HIV/AIDS commodities.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree In pharmacy or public health or logistics or related field;.
• Minimum five years proven working experience in supervision of large scale Health commodity logistics, management and pharmaceutical supply chain management operations;
• High level skills and experience in using IT systems for PSM
• Experience of large scale projects for health commodities forecasting, quantification, procurement, dispensing, warehousing and distribution for large disease treatment programs.
• Experience with procedures for Internal and external quality control;
• Significant work experience in National international Health programs, health commodity logistics, and for supply chain strengthening.
Method of Application:
To apply to this position, please submit your CV, including contact details of your professional references, and an application letter to the email address: [email protected]; Insert Project Director GHAIN as the subject line of your email message.
Closing Date: 11th November, 2009.