Posted on :
22 May, 2012
No Surprises Events (www.NoSurprisesEvents.com) is a leading company of self-styled ‘Events Architects’ based in Lagos, made up of a vibrant team of experts with a refreshing approach to event management. Our mission is to deliver events which take the audience on a journey to create a measurable mindset shift, to raise client profile and to increase their profitability – we set out to change the way people think and feel about brands through creating unique experiences.
We are urgently looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join our fast growing and dynamic team and be responsible for the project management of a myriad of functions including corporate, entertainment, social, fundraising, promotional and community events. You will own each project, acting as the key point of contact for clients, suppliers, vendors and other sub contractors, and will be responsible for efficiently managing the project and maintaining its quality from conception to completion; including coordination, logistical planning and marketing.
You must have the experience and the ability to: handle large scale and complex events and incentives; provide leadership on every aspect from pitches and contract negotiations to developing existing accounts and marketing new ones; managing a team; and delivering outstanding events for clients.
Skills & Experience
The following skills and experience are essential for the role:-
• Solid and proven full event project management experience; must have handled ground and hotel/venue logistics.
• Strong relationship management, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation); negotiation and influencing skills.
• Solid leadership experience; experienced people manager and proven ability in training and developing staff;
• Numerate and experienced at preparing quotes and managing complex budgets.
• Excellent planning, organisation and prioritisation skills
• Computer literate with advanced experience of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
• Must be culturally aware and have had group event travel and on-site experience.
• Problem-solving skills a must.
• A creative and proactive approach to tasks.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Languages would be useful but not essential.
Competitive remuneration package.
An energetic and enthusiastic individual with an open mind and a ‘can do’ attitude and a determination to develop the role within the company will thrive in this role. It is a fantastic company and for the right individual a brilliant opportunity to grow with the business.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to [email protected] by 4 June 2012.