Posted on :
4 Apr, 2011
4 Apr, 2011
Promasidor Nigeria has achieved tremendous growth since 1993 when it commenced operations, and presently employs about 1015 people across the country. Today, Promasidor holds a leading position in the Nigerian powdered milk market with its COWBELL MILK brand, which has found its way into the hearts and homes of thousands of consumers.
Promasidor holds a leading position in the Nigerian powdered milk market with its COWBELL MILK brand, which has found its way into the hearts and homes of thousands of consumers.
Job Title: Information Systems Support Analyst
Ensure that the company’s computer information systems remains functional by resolving reported problems as well as supporting changes and additions to respond to new or changed business needs.
The company’s computer information systems include our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, currently “Hansa World”, as well as a number of bespoke database applications developed internally (HR management, Assets management, Sales Reporting…).
Resolution of Information Systems problems reported to the Information Systems Unit of the ICT department.
Follow-up of tasks and issues to their conclusion. Ensure up-to-date information is recorded in our Helpdesk database.
This will include, after formal recording of an issue, to determine its impact(s), identify its cause and, depending on the situation, initiate and follow-up any number of actions to rachieve a timely resolution. Some of these actions will be carried over by the Support Analyst or escalated to the Functional Analyst, some to be carried over by other roles in the ICT department:
– Further training to the responsible user(s) (see TRAINING and COMMUNICATION)
– Identify and test corrections to historical data
– Identify change needed to the system configuration (see FUNCTIONAL SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION)
– Support the dFunctional Analyst and development team in identifying and formally describing code corrections required to fix the problem
– Recommend alternative and workarounds to the user for issues that require a longer time-to-fix.
FUNCTIONAL SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION
Create and maintain up-to-date Information Systems’ user accounts, Roles, Access rights, configuration/settings/parameters, Reference data etc (including using import), ensuring that relevant validation and approval procedures are followed.
Ensure that Systems setup documentation is maintained up-to-date.
Validate any change to the Information Systems (for problem fixing or change requests reasons) and get appropriate sign-off before the change is put in use in the “live” environment.
Help design and execute test scripts to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are appropriately tested. Document the results of the tests for further problem solving (when tests fail) or approval of Systems changes (when all tests are successful).
TRAINING and COMMUNICATION
Train new users on how to perform their roles in their respective departments as it relates to the ICT Information Systems.
Identify changes to the ICT Information Systems which are affecting the work of various groups of users and train these users on the changes.
Develop and update user’s manuals.
Report issues’ progress/status to the ICT Information Systems’ line management and appropriately communicate these to the affected user(s).
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other related course.
Minimum 2 years experience in a similar job OR demonstrable 3 years in an ERP Information Systems Administration.
• Computer or Information Science with Business orientation
• Functional Analyst techniques
• Detailed knowledge of at least one ERP system
• Understanding of basic Accounting principles
• Standard office computer tools (email, word processor, spreadsheet…)
• Understanding of various development methodologies
Nice to have:
• Business Process Analysis
• Project Management Techniques
• Apple Mac OS X
• One programming language
• UML, BPMN, SQL
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Excellent analytical skills & attention to details
• Ability to abstract reality into models
• Understanding of technological issues
• Good communication skills with ability to simplify
• Team spirit
• Structured writing skills
• Ability to manage priorities and handle stress
• Time Management
Method of Application
Click here to apply online