Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited is in the business of construction built on a foundation of hard work and dedication specializing in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We diversify our strategy to span from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging but we do so with a higher purpose.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Road Constructions)
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably in a Civil/Geology or related field
- 5 – 10 years practical experience on Laboratory and Field test.
- Planning and managing the laboratory and its staff;
- Assisting in the laboratory helping with advanced and new testing methods;
- Resolving problems – especially with unusual soil and aggregate samples, and special concrete mix designs;
- Attend planning and site meetings when special construction material related matters are discussed;
- Visit sites on a regular basis
- Must be capable and suitable for being trained for higher responsibilities
- Must be reporting to the Project site engineer/site agent on day to day activities
- Must have wide range of experience including aspects of testing, design and quality control of construction materials.
- Should be able to offer advice to project site engineer, clients and civil engineers on construction materials and their application, both in meetings and on construction sites.
- Will be responsible for testing (Asphalt, Concrete and Soil samples) and ensuring the quality of raw materials.
- Must be able to operate the CBR machine, automatic sieve analysis machines, compression strength machines, etc.
- Conduct the testing on concrete, soil and asphalt materials;
- Go out to site to obtain samples and carry out tests on samples;
- Write reports and provide feedback to Management;
- Ability to work under pressure with less supervision
- Must be an excellent team player
- Willingness to learn
- Must be practically oriented with hands-on approach and commitment to work,
- Proficient in the use of software for materials & samples analysis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] using the job title as subject of the e-mail e.g. “Lab Technician”.
Application Deadline 11th May, 2018.
Note: Multiple applications from the same applicant will not be condoned.