Posted on :
8 Mar, 2010
Protea Hotel Kuramo Waters is a part of Africa’s largest and leading hotel group, it is a 60-bedroom hotel that caters for every travellers’ needs, whether for business or leisure. Protea Hotel is recruiting for Business Development Manager.
JOB TITLE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Job Position Summary:
• Generate business for Hotel
• Revenue generation
• Build strong strategic relationship with corporate clients
• Identify, develops and maintain sales objectives, sales plans, and programs in accordance with the hotel’s mission statement.
• Outside sales calls are a priority in this position.
Tasks and Competencies:
• Maintain high visibility in the Corporate and hospitality communities as appropriate.
• Maintain efficient sales office procedures and insures the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
• Make face-to- face sales calls.
• Maintain all sales systems, such as sales records and reports, conference calendar, traces of history and potentials, logs of groups not previously accommodated and mailing lists.
• Design new programs and sales campaigns, to develop additional sales from the various market niches.
• Ensure the prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts (i.e., tracing, booking, contracting, communicating with hotel departments, and following up with group for feedback and future bookings).
• Follow the Sales and Marketing plans
• Must be service oriented to potential guests
• Closing Skills
• Motivation for Sales
• Prospecting Skills
• Sales Planning
• Selling to Customer Needs
• Territory Management
• Market Knowledge
• Presentation Skills
• Energy Level
• Meeting Sales Goals
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant discipline.
Minimum of 5 years experience in a top-tier corporate organisation.
Proven track record in achieving set organizational targets
Very attractive negotiable well-enhanced pay
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates should e-mail updated resumes to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.