Protea Hotels by Marriott® is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest a personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today! We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor – Housekeeping
Location: Protea Hotel Owerri Select, Plot H/1 Nekede Pocket Layout, New Owerri, Imo
Job Number: 22175000
Job Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Located Remotely? N
Position Type: Non-Management
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, pool, etc. after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards. Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities. Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk. Prepare, distribute, and communicate changes in room assignments. Communicate issues to next shift. Complete required paperwork.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 55 pounds without assistance and in excess of 55 pounds with assistance. Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.