Protege Management – Our client is a top-notched Consultancy and Project outlet with a particular focus on finishing company in Nigeria with bespoke products quality furniture that gives its customers value for their money.They require the services of suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: GM Project Architect
Employment Type: Full-time
- The GM will be in charge of all our projects as well as head the marketing and business development of the group in Abuja.
- Also, will be a driving force of the construction department, including design development, commercial tenders, and contract administration, construction administration and coordination, procurement, QA/QC finishing, and delivery.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Oversee design development, production of working drawings, and construction documents on given projects.
- Establish and maintain budgets, schedules, and monitor adherence to terms of contract expectations.
- Coordinate and lead teams through design, development, and contract phases of construction projects.
- Monitor project progress according to contract scope and deliverables.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, colour, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Responsible for the overall development and implementation of specific architectural projects.
- Coordinate team effort and oversee timely and profitable completion of a project.
- Train installers on how to take proper and accurate measurements.
- Prepare project documents and specifications.
- Get briefs from clients on customized products.
- Prepare material specification documents for certain project elements and develop and maintain a project manual.
- Manage both time schedules and project budgets to ensure that projects are completed on time and within set budgets.
- Create Standard Operating Procedure for specific projects.
- Responsible for identifying material needs and costs and develop cost-reduction strategies to ensure profitability.
- Supervise project team
- Coordinate and maintain project schedule
- Ensure close-out documentation and project archives are completed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The candidate is required to have 10+ years experience in the built environment in the areas of project architect, interior architect and project management.
- Applicants should possess or hold a Degree in Architecture from a reputable university and preferably a Master’s degree from a reputable university. Possession of other professional training certification is an added advantage.
- Professional Member of the Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA), The Architects’ Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON)
- The Candidates must have broad, yet deep knowledge of design, coordination, organization, project management, time management, problem-solving skills, and a sense of ownership on the job. The candidate must have a verifiable deal sheet/portfolio of previous work completed.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with design software including auto-cad, REVIT, Sketch-up or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiencies with reviewing construction drawings including structural and MEP.
- In-depth knowledge of furniture systems and finishing details.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of space planning.
- Ability to develop interior design concepts and schedules of furnishings and finishing details.
- Track record of proven techniques and practices of project management and construction supervision over various aspects of design and construction phases for relevant projects.
- Must be able to manage budgets, timelines, and construction schedules with extreme attention to detail, and grade a quality
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, construction procedures, estimating, and scheduling practices.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and manage expectations accordingly.
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Program, Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD and, the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th January, 2021.