Prowox Nigeria – Adequate and Skillful Solutions through Global Knowledge Based Business-Intelligence, powered with Prestigious & Cutting Edge Technology Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GIS Software Developer
- PROWOX seeks GIS Software Developers who will participate in the design, development, testing, and documentation of systems for a Government of Delta State.
- The candidate will undertake geospatial development work with Microsoft Consulting on new GIS applications.
- Develop, test, debug and maintain an array of custom web based GIS applications, tools and supporting web services using standard software lifecycle processes
- Provide support, troubleshooting, modifications, enhancements, and maintenance for existing GIS applications, scripts, tools and web services.
- Create and maintain system related documentation.
- Experience with ESRI products version 10.4.1 ArcGIS Desktop, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies
- Understanding of micro services architecture
- Support the infrastructure by maintaining and developing new capabilities in Microsoft .Net.
- Develop software in an agile development process by working with stakeholders to refine developed products.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline is required
- 5+ years of related experience required
- GIS or Microsoft Certifications in C#/.Net and SQL Server – preferred
- 5+ years of experience in information systems development which includes systems analysis and design, programming, and documentation
- Experience with Web Services development
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Ability to build shapefiles, file geodatabase, geoprocessing scripts in Python & SQL Spatial
- Experience with Microsoft frameworks and tools like Visual Studio
- Should have knowledge in system development using Object Oriented Principles
- Should participate in Design/Code and System review during Scrum development process
- Good written and oral communications skills and able to work in a team which consists developers with different skill sets
- Programming – Writing code and automating redundant GIS processes.
- Spatial Analysis – manipulate, extract, locate and analyze geographic data, which includes buffering, clipping and exploring the relationships between map feature. (GIS Analysis, GIS Modeling, Data Integration & Conversion, Data Analysis, Geocoding, Geomatics
- Database management – Storing and extracting information from structured sets of geographic data. (Database Development, Data Management, Database Administration, Data Management Services, Asset Management Consulting) Web Mapping – interactively displaying, processing or analyzing spatial content on the World Wide Web.
- Cartography – (GIS Cartography, Information Management, Softcopy Mapping, Web Mapping, GIS Mapping, ArcGIS Map Design, Quality control/assurance)
- Remote sensing – Remotely reading satellite or aerial imagery to map the Earth.(Remote Sensing Analysis, Satellite/Airphoto Interpretation, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Soil Classification)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply