PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Governance – Manager
Reference Number: 125-NIG00168
- The candidate will function as a Manager specializing in Corporate Governance and Compliance Services, as part of PwC Nigeria’s Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) team.
- He/She will lead the delivery of Corporate Governance solutions to a diverse range of clients in various industry sectors, and work with PwC teams both within and outside GRC to develop tailored Corporate Governance solutions for clients
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading teams and delivery of governance related projects of varying complexity through projects plans, economics, monitoring and evaluating risks, budgets and delivery of projects in line with required standards.
- Lead corporate governance projects such as Board and Individual Directors’ Assessments; corporate governance audits/reviews; corporate governance due diligence; development of corporate governance training materials, and induction packs, etc.
- Lead effectiveness reviews of corporate governance systems, and benchmarking against applicable regulatory standards and international leading practices.
- Providing recommendations to ultimately improve entity-wide governance policies/processes and practices, and aid the development of a sound ethical and compliance culture within the organization.
- Develop and implement robust corporate governance structures, frameworks and policies to support organisations seeking to improve their effectiveness and establish a culture of sound ethical practices.
- Develop corporate governance training materials, facilitate corporate governance training, and Board induction programs.
- Review, analyse and advise on new and evolving regulations, and their potential impact/ implications for entity governance in various respective sectors.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with existing and potential clients, stakeholders, members of the C-Suite and Directors.
- Engage in business development activities and initiatives.
- Develop thought leadership in corporate governance for companies across various industries.
- Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows.
- Promote the Governance team within PwC in order to encourage collaboration and increase internal leads.
- Support in new client acquisitions, mining and servicing existing client relationships.
Experience & Requirement
- Minimum of a first degree in any discipline is required (Qualifications in law or membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (Nigeria or United Kingdom) would be an added advantage).
- Experience in a consulting firm and/or industry.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a corporate governance/corporate legal/company secretarial services role, with at least 2 years in at management level.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate governance practices and the Nigerian regulatory environment
- Experience with developing corporate governance solutions.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with C-Level client stakeholders.
- Experience in business development and relationship building.
- Strong IT Skills and technical depth.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, delivering results and meeting client expectations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (presentation & facilitation).
- Project management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects.
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2018.
How to Apply