PYXERA Global, a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and Nigeria that has worked in over 90 countries since 1990, seeking to strengthen the local systems that drive prosperity and opportunity and forge community resilience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Region, Nigeria
Division: Enterprise And Community Development
Reports To: Project Director, Rayuwa (Jiva) Nigeria Program
PYXERA Global is seeking qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to be based full-time in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Office, Nigeria. This position will work with the Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria team to design an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing resilient agriculture and accountable education in the region. As a new initiative, Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria is part of PYXERA Global’s broader JIVA programming, housed within the Enterprise and Community Development division.
The JIVA program traces its roots to a corporate volunteer project undertaken in 2011 by a Foundation. The team spent a week working side-by-side with residents of three villages in rural Rajasthan, India. Inspired by this engagement, the Foundation partnered with PYXERA Global to identify the most pressing needs in the villages and empower the villagers to determine for themselves how best to meet these challenges. On the basis of this work together with the residents, the Joint Initiative for Village Advancement (JIVA) project funded by the Foundation and implemented by PYXERA Global began in January 2013.
The Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria project will involve collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will support and work with the Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria project team to design, plan, manage, monitor, and evaluate the project’s resilient agriculture and accountable education activities. The ideal candidate will have significant work experience in multi-sector and integrated development programs, leading teams, designing and starting up projects, and managing learning for iterative and adaptive projects related to community agriculture and education in a rural settings. As part of the Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria team, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will also exemplify the JIVA Values (below) and value and encourage teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic across all members of the Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria team.
Key Position Responsibilities
The M&E Officer will report directly to the Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria Project Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Establish and manage internal M&E systems for effective and efficient project data management and reporting
- Design, adapt, and apply quantitative and qualitative tools to assess program activities.
- Orient and train project staff in understanding and applying results-oriented monitoring & evaluation policies, tools & methods; encourage Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria team to appreciate the importance and value of M&E
- Assess the needs and coordinate capacity development initiatives for M&E data collection and management
- Assist the Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria team in the development of regular programmatic reports to PYXERA Global DC Office per donor and partner requirements
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe trainings, monitor activities for compliance, engage and build relationships with the community.
- Ensure that project evaluations are carried out according to schedule; and findings and recommendations are relayed to the Program Director and staff in a timely manner.
- Exhibits and is committed to the Rayuwa/JIVA Values of: honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, keep a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on the goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Provide oversight for program planning, monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management
- Identifies program performance indicators with the team
- Supports the Project Director in developing quality assurance strategies for data gathering, management and analysis.
- Assist in program design and work plan development in the field, in consultation with the Project Director, in-country stakeholders and PYXERA Global DC Office
- Identify promising areas of research and programming that present opportunities for innovation and/or fill potential gaps in project initiatives. Work with the Project Director and relevant Rayuwa (JIVA) Nigeria team members to assess the value and/or adaptability of the concepts to the local context and program model
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing research, baseline surveys, reports writing, quality data collection, management and analysis, DQAs, performance monitoring plan (PMP)
- Demonstrated experience using SPSS, STATA, Excel, Power BI, Power Point & Word and CSPro
- Good knowledge of mobile applications such as CommCare, Survey CTO, Tangerine, GIS Mapper, Tableau
- Relevant work experience using local education monitoring approach (LEMA), Lot quality assurance sampling (LQAs) approach, Group administered literacy assessment (GALA) etc.
- Excellent facilitation skills, familiarity with training-of-trainer (ToT) approaches and methodologies, and competencies to use tailor-made and diversified facilitation/training methods and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; proven working in a multi-cultural team setting on multi-year programs
- Experience leading project design and start-up activities, preferred
- Experience with iterative and adaptive project management, preferred
- Excellent writing skills – writing sample required.
- Well-versed in computer and internet operations and developing analytical reports.
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Hausa strongly required.
- Professional experience working in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Region, Nigeria, preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, Agriculture, Education, Rural/Community Development, Sustainable Development or related field of study
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in monitoring and evaluation within a community-based, rural agricultural or educational programs.
- Knowledge of rural farming communities and educational system and programs in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna region
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume, Cover Letters, expected compensation package and list of three professional references to: [email protected] In the subject line of the email, please write “PYXERA Global Rayuwa Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation Officer”.
Application Deadline 19th February, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.