Posted on :
7 Feb, 2010
7 Feb, 2010
PZ Cussons develops leading brands in selected mature and emerging markets that have potential for future growth. PZ Cussons is recruiting for Workshop Manager
Workshop Manager Soap and Detergent – Lagos
The Job Role: Workshop Manager
The successful candidate will be required to:
– Manage maintenance and operation of work shop equipments like lathe machines, drilling machines, milling machines, welding machines, hack saw cutting machines, pipe bending/sheet bending machines & other workshop equipments.
– Manage day to day workshop activities for production/fabrication of spares & attending to related plant jobs.
– Develop tools & fixture for production/fabrication of existing parts, new parts from the drawing/samples, subassemblies/assemblies of the machines/parts.
– Prepare and release of tools & other drawings for manufacturing of parts.
– Monitor manpower planning and their effective utilization.
– Investigate & analyze the reason of breakdown for workshop equipments.
– Co-ordinate within the area between maintenance section and other sections for timely jobs delivery.
– Carryout PPM activities of workshop equipments.
– Control maintenance cost.
– Manage spare parts of workshop equipments.
The right candidate must:
· Possess a B.Sc. (Hons.) Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Have between 5-10 years relevant experience.
· Be able to produce parts as per drawing/samples.
· Have hands on experience in operation of workshop equipments.
· Have the ability to work independently and within a group.
· Be able to perform multiple tasks.
· Have the ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations & making decisions.
· Possess strong interpersonal & analytical skills.
· Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations within the factory.
· Be intelligent, diligent & result oriented.
· Have a CAN DO attitude, exhibiting our core values – COURAGE, ACCOUNTABILITY, NETWORKING, DRIVE and ONENESS.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Closing date: 19th February 2010