Rack Centre is the state-of-the-art, Tier III constructed facility certified data centre offering carrier neutral colocation services. It is the most connected in Africa with all major carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country and direct connection to all undersea cables serving the South Atlantic Coast of Africa.
Rack Centre is 100% owned by Jagal, a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Direct reports: Security supervisors and security guards
- The Security Manager is responsible for Rack Centre’s Security Program including but not limited to daily operations of the physical security program, oversight of the annual and ongoing risk assessment process, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity of Rack Centre and clients assets.
- The objective of the Security Manager is to ensure that Rack Centre’s security function adds value to our service proposition and gives it a competitive advantage aims and objectives include (but not limited) to the following:
- Company Security Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Securing people, core business, information and reputation
- Incident response and management through to recovery
- Management and leadership
- Subject matter expertise
Responsibilities and Duties
- Builds a strategic and comprehensive security program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective security practices which minimize risk and ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of assets that is owned, controlled and processed within the organization. Ensures physical security policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster physical security awareness within the organization.
- Creates a culture of security and driving behavioural changes to support the business needs.
- Evaluates security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Manages security incidents and events. In case of an incident of attack or catastrophic event, the Security Manager will be responsible for coordinating efforts within the organization as a lead element in the Crisis Management Team to restore critical systems and provide facilities needed by the organization to function including security, medical, fire and emotional support.
- Ensure that the access controls need of the facility are addressed.
- Ensures the Rack Centre complies with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Collaborates with Rack Centre senior management to establish governance for the security program.
- Serves in a leadership role for security compliance.
- Responsible for initial and periodic physical security risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation. Responsible for development and implementation of security risk management plan.
- Through subordinates, coordinate and implement site security, operations, and activities to ensure protection of executives, managers, employees, physical and information assets, while ensuring optimal use of personnel and equipment.
- Oversees, develops and/or delivers initial and ongoing security training to the workforce. Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster security awareness within the organization and related entities
- Partners with Human Resources and Compliance Officer to ensure consistent sanctions for security violations
- Maintains professional certification and keeps abreast of developments in best practices, technical standards and legislation including current knowledge of applicable federal and state security laws, licensing and certification requirements and accreditation standards.
- Providing written reports as directed by Operations Director and Group Security Manager
- Accredited national professional certification e.g. NIIS Certified Security Specialist (or similar)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal security laws, including regulations
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- WAEC – O’Levels
- Previous experience in the role of Security Manager (minimum of 5 years).
- Demonstrated experience of developing, implementing and managing a Security Management System within a company environment.
- The ability to take overall responsibility for the security of the facility.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with security and other regulatory requirements.
- To be competent in security duties and supervision, following strict company and regulatory policies.
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of a small team – experience as head of security essential.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening.
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
- Knowledge of state and federal guidelines on security, transactions and security.
- Extensive familiarity with relevant legislation and standards for the protection of facility and corporate physical security.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail and able to execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude and drive with the ability to contribute to a team-based multi-cultural work environment
- Passionate to continuously improve and lead change, whilst remaining sensitive to local conditions
- Excellent writing skills.
- A high level of integrity and trust. Highest levels of integrity, tact, discretion and trust with the ability to lead in a high stress situation.