Rack Centre is the state-of-the-art, Tier III constructed facility certified data centre offering carrier neutral colocation services. It is the most connected in Africa with all major carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country and direct connection to all undersea cables serving the South Atlantic Coast of Africa.
Rack Centre is 100% owned by Jagal, a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments
Job Title: Commercial and Contracts Manager
Report to: The Rack Centre Finance Director
Rack Centre has an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious, career orientated Commercial and Contracts Manager to join the team. As the Commercial Manager, you will be tasked with leading the Commercial and Contracts aspect of confidential Data Centre projects:
- You will be responsible for supporting sales and as a key member in leading negotiations, drafting, evaluation, revision, and execution of all contracts (Non Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Sales Order).
- Support Managing, Sales Director and Executive team in designing impactful and winning standard pricing models
- You will serve as the point of contact for customers/vendors on contractual matters
- Act as contractual Subject Matter Expert between the company and customers/vendors, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations. See support from Legal team as needed and translate into business outcomes for internal stakeholders.
- Work with the Project Manager to monitor contractual compliance over the life of a project.
- As needed, you will provide guidance on contract matters and revenue assurance to the Service Delivery Manager, Project Manager other operational staff and key interface to Finance for ensuring billing updates and changes
- Improve and implement new processes and procedures for commercial, contract management and administration in compliance with company policy.
- Perform operational, regulatory and business sector research and emerging trends and as assigned by the Managing Director
- Maintain up to date and accurate contractual records, documentation and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Work with proactively with Finance to ensure adherence to achieving profitability targets, broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing, forecasting and budget analysis. Maintain quarterly sales forecasts as well as sales budget setting.
- Monitor and recommend enhancements in contracting practices. Recommend changes and see them through to implementation and adoption.
- Monitor Service Level Agreement Compliance and support Operations and other stakeholders
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal
- Engage and work with the legal team and ensure commercial risks and opportunities are identified and mitigated/managed. Contractual templates are continually enhanced to ensure speed to contract execution whilst balancing commercial risk.
- Ensure that the requirements of the contract documents are implemented by stakeholders and maintained throughout the Contract period.
- Ensure the maintenance of facility insurance.
Qualification and Experience:
- A degree in Business Administration, Finance or Law or its equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years experience.
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a challenging environment.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Exceptional writing and presenting skills and able to use MS Word and PowerPoint to an advance level
- Commercial acumen and analysis and able to use MS Excel to an advance level
- Technical authoring and contract drafting skills
- Strong negotiating skills – Customer and Vendor facing
- Project Managing skills
- Advance understanding of Risk Management
- Telecommunication, Information Technology or construction industry experience
- Service Delivery
- Executive Leadership Team