Radix Pension Managers Limited is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator by the National Pension Commission. On February 15, 2017, Radix Capital Partners Limited, a Securities and Exchange Commission licensed investment banking firm acquired majority share interest in IGI Pension Fund Managers Limited, a company previously owned by IGI Plc.
Further to this acquisition, a new Board of Directors and executive management team was constituted to lead the company.
We are currently sourcing for a suitable candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Compliance
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization to ensure compliance with ethical or regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2014
- Assist staff in carrying out their routine assignments correctly, effectively and efficiently
- Prepare and render returns to PENCOM as stated in the Act and as may be required by the Commission from time to time
- Prepare and provide for Management, monthly and quarterly reports and information on the activities of the Compliance Department
- Carry out a monthly compliance audits covering all operational areas
- Continuously monitor and ensure implementation of existing and new regulations, codes, rules and guidelines, as may be issued from time to time by the Commission
- Review and monitor corporate/investment activities and policy initiatives, with a view to compliance in accordance with the provisions of the PRA 2014
- Ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality and discretion are maintained throughout the compliance monitoring processes
- Ensure full disclosure and reporting of violations to appropriate authorities, including the Commission
- Organize compliance awareness programme twice a year to promote a positive compliance attitude and culture within the company.
- Ensure that all investments and other operational transactions comply with all relevant legislations, regulations and policies through appropriate control systems in order to minimize and mitigate risks
- Ensure that information given to customers are clear, straight-forward and not misleading
- Ensure that appropriate remedial or disciplinary action is taken, if breaches are identified
- Carry out daily risk tolerance exposure review on all funds under management and advice investment team accordingly
- Advice Management on compliance issues and keep them informed on developments in this area
- Monitor regulatory changes and ensure the dissemination of regulatory updates of regulations, rules or guidelines and periodic compliance changes to concerned offices/officers.
- Follow up on all relevant departments to ensure monthly/quarterly returns are rendered to the Commission on or before 10th of the succeeding month
- Prepare monthly and quarterly compliance reports to the Management, Board and the Commission
- Ensure compliance with any other relevant law(s) of the land, which affects the Company’s business
- Ensure compliance with the guidelines and pronouncements of the National Pension Commission, which may be issued from time to time
- Liaise with the Internal Control Department in making sure that the rules, regulations and procedures of the Company are strictly adhered to
- Maintain record of compliance and non-compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2014 and the rules, regulations, procedures of the Company
- Liaise with National Pension Commission (PENCOM) with regards to any matter which in the opinion of the Commission will enhance compliance of the Company with the provisions of the Act and guidelines issued thereto
- A minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematics, accounting, economics, banking, finance, insurance, law and business studies and other related courses
- An acceptable professional qualification from any relevant professional organization
- A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience of which at least 8 years must have been in the financial sector and 4 years in a supervisory role
- Technical acumen
- The ability to understand broad business issues
- The ability to cope under pressure
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
- Planning and organisation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 27th June, 2018.