The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems and expanding access to care and treatment in the developing world.
Job Title: Family Planning Associate
The Associate will report to the Global Program Manager, Family Planning. Base location is flexible pending on country leadership approval. Expected travel is 50%.
The Family Planning Associate will work with CHAI country teams, the Global Family Planning Program Manager, CHAI’s Technology Team and other relevant stakeholders to support implementation of the Family Planning Dashboard by:
- Developing dashboard training materials and deployment plans specific to each country and supporting timely rollout
- Documenting examples of successful use of the dashboard by governments and partners to improve programmatic performance or decision-making
- Institutionalizing the dashboard within governments by building capabilities and comfort to use the tool and integrating tool’s use into routine government activities
- Supporting the implementation of additional dashboards in new countries; responsibilities will include developing country-specific requirements for development, providing iterative feedback to developer and thoroughly testing requirements until final product is complete, and thoroughly documenting and communicating decisions to ensure coordination and alignment with all relevant stakeholders.
The Family Planning Associate will also support the broader work of the Global Family Planning team by:
- Supporting country teams to strengthen national forecasts and ensure contraceptive security through improved supply planning and addressing supply chain bottlenecks
- Monitoring stock on hand, consumption and orders of family planning commodities for each program country
- Supporting the coordination of commodity availability, health worker trainings, advocacy and communication to finalize the NXT transition with minimal disruption to implant access
- Contributing to donor reports
- Monitoring key program indicators and supporting analysis across program countries
- Conducting additional analyses of global consumption or procurement data, or other information, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work well under pressure
- Self-motivation and comfort working independently with little oversight
- Prior experience in family planning and reproductive health preferred
- Experience with developing web-based applications a plus
- French language proficiency preferred
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Willingness to work with a geographically dispersed team across multiple time zones
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills, and ability to use data to inform program development and strategy
- Experience building and maintaining quantitative models in Excel preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below