Laplace Technologies Limited is a leading telecommunication engineering service company in Nigeria. Operating out of Lagos Nigeria, we also have regional presence in Ibadan, Kano, Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcourt and Accra in Ghana. As a result of expansion and strategic positioning, we are seeking for highly competitive and top of class Project Managers to fill the following regional positions:
Job Title: Regional Project Manager
1. North West Region : ( Kano, Kaduna, Zamfara, Jigawa, Katsina, Sokoto, Kebbi, Niger & Bauchi)
• Regional Head Office- Kano
2. North East Region: (FCT, Nassarawa, Kogi, Yobe, Borno, Taraba, Adamawa, Plateau, & Gombe)
• Regional Head Office- Abuja
3. South-South Region: (Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Edo & Cross Rivers)
• Regional Head Office- Port Harcourt
4. South East Region: (Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra & Benue)
• Regional Head Office-Enugu
5. South West Region: ( Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun & Kwara)
• Regional Head Office-Ibadan
The role of the Regional Project Manager (RPM) is to plan, execute, and drive projects according to strict deadlines & within budget related to his region. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The RPM will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the region
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Serve as Community Liaison Officer when required.
• B. Engr/HND in any Engineering Discipline. MBA/MSc will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years experience and 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Must be a professional certified Project Manager: PMP/PRINCE2
• Good understanding of the Mobile Wireless Telecommunication Network Architectures and network components not limited to Radio Access, Transport and Civil Site Build
• Strong familiarity with project management & other Business Applications software
• Competent and proficient understanding of platforms – BSS/ Transmission for any Telecommunication Original equipment Manufacturer (OEMs) – preferably Huawei, Ericsson and NSN
• Prior working knowledge and hands on experience of Huawei equipments will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in personnel & process management.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently, and flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication, and strong interpersonal skills
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
• Local knowledge of the region will be an advantage. Preferably indigenes of the region will be given priority.
• A valid Driver’s License and a driving experience of not less than 5 years.
• Maximum Age of 38 Years
• Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some moderate travel within your region ( See Regional distribution) may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management
• A very competitive Salary Package
• A car attached to the office
2. Subject matter: Regional PM
3. Application ends August 14, 2011