Robert Johnson Nigeria Limited (RC 205983), a wholly indigenous company was incorporated in December 1992, but commenced effective operations in October 1994, as service provider on currency counting machines and cash handling equipments, and recently provides print solution and managed services.
In 2011 February, Robert Johnson acquired the sole Dealership of Lexmark International and introduced into Nigeria market the Lexmark range of products which is currently the leading and preferred brand by users/organization for its durability, accuracy and ruggedness. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Execute all accounting transactions and effect necessary reconciliations of outstanding transactions.
- Provide monthly updates on budget implementation covering credits and carry-forward commitments and payments.
- Provide advice on the interpretation and implementation of financial procedures.
- Participate in the development of financial procedures and model documents, including check list for all essential financial activities.
- Keep abreast of relevant accounting regulations and ensure updating of existing processes and procedures.
- Ensure that staff who need to use financial procedures are aware of them, understand them and correctly apply them.
- Disburse cash advance and ensure retirements within the stipulated time.
- Post financial transactions.
- Update fixed assets register as at when due.
- Compile and record revenue statements and reconcile balances.
- Prepare and compare books of accounts such as cash book, ledgers etc. with bank statements.
- Prepare staff salaries and pay slips and make remittances.
- Receivable management.
- Prepares monthly Bank reconciliation.
- Inventory management for the group.
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts for review with Group Head, Finance & Accounts.
- Ensure timely filing of monthly PAYE remittance, VAT Returns and WHT remittance to the appropriate tax authority as at when due.
- File and archive all accounting related documents.
- And such other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University or Polytechnic
- A certified member of Institute of Chartered Accounts of Nigeria (ICAN) / ACCA
- Minimum of Five (5) Work Experience as an Accounting Officer in a well structured organization
- Hand-on experience in the use of Accounting package (preference for ERP software) is a must
- Proven knowledge of Accounting standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Proven knowledge in Tax computations and Tax filing
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office and databases for financial reporting
- Sound independent judgement Skills
- Strong passion for work, high attention to details and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and reports writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline, self-motivator, determined and/or confident in his/her abilities to deliver
- Young smart and intelligent
- Organizational and administrative skills, including ability to manage priorities.
Salary: Between N1,200,000.00 and N1,500,000.00 per annum.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their comprehensive CV, Contact Address (not P.O. Box) with functional e-mail address and other relevant details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 19th July, 2021.