Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
- Developing, implementing and executing strategic Marketing and Communications plans. Takes steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of COMPANY through various goals and objectives.
Marketing Strategy Execution:
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long range issues that need to be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Co-develop and implement a marketing strategy that builds a strong COMPANY brand and accelerates customer acquisition
- Collaborate with the team to develop strategic partnership activities and implement the execution framework and strategic plan on identified opportunities.
- Brand custodian responsible to ensure conformity with the published guidelines and defined brand architecture.
- Lead in any changes, developments and innovations required in the guidelines.
- Ensuring brand positioning is clear, consistent.
- Responsible for developing & driving the COMPANY Brand performance in Nigeria
- Support the development of the brand and portfolio strategy
Strategic Marketing Planning:
- Analyzing market trends, gather and analyze customer insight, competitors landscape and translating the implications into marketing campaigns
- Highly capable of reporting and forecasting marketing KPIs in line with set sales targets and budget allocation
- Drive overall CRM and direct marketing.
- Exploring ways of improving existing products and services, and increasing profitability
- Identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them.
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns and programs such as the referrals and loyalty plan, measuring results.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Develop long range strategic plans for the assigned category/brand/product/customers and ensure that commitment of resources is in place to deliver
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establish and manage marketing budgets and ensure appropriate funding across marketing mix elements of the brand/portfolio and implement programs to drive efficiencies.
- Secure correct and timely implementation of strategies in cooperation with key departmental functions: Sales, Technical, Finance, Legal, Partnerships, Tele Sales & Customer Experience
PR & Communication:
- Ensure strategic brand communications (including advertising, promotion, digital media and media plans) via deep customer understanding, tracking and following brand/category strategy guidelines
- Lead, manage and develop 3rd party suppliers (production companies, Media, PR, Digital Agencies) to achieve the best execution of brand plans
- Oversee internal coordination of advertising and promotional briefs to deliver world class advertising with regards to brand, brand assets, partnerships with all internal departments.
- Champion standardization, negotiation and driving down of production costs directly related to advertising production with finance
Market Research & Customer Knowledge:
- Work to develop customer marketing insights and provide a foundation for marketing strategy and channel management.
- Coordinate the necessary market research tests for assigned brand/product category or customer segment
- 3 years marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in ECommerce-Marketing, Business Administration- PR & Communications, Business Administration- Media/Journalism or similar. M.B.A., M.S.M or other relevant advanced Degree is preferred
- Prior working experience in the off-grid solar sector is preferred
- Marketing acumen; expert in understanding and application of theoretical and practical approaches to marketing and brand or product management
- Analytical ability. Ability to analyze data/reports and produce actionable insights that drive of business performance, generally and in specific problem areas.
- Communication. Strong oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to senior management and large groups.
- Entrepreneurship. Energetic self-starter who demonstrates strong resourcefulness and personal initiative. Requires little hand-holding to deliver tasks. High level of energy, creativity and motivation
- Flexibility. Adaptable and comfortable in fast-changing start-up environment. Comfortable in uncertain and/or ambiguous situations. Fast learner. Willing to contribute in areas beyond formal job description.
- Fluency in English
- Possess sound knowledge of the renewable energy space and experience with marketing to COMPANY’ s target market (bottom of the pyramid)
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
- The Senior Finance Manager will be a critical member of executive team and help shape the company strategy.
- The position will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that the company is well-capitalized, has a healthy portfolio of assets and is compliant with all relevant legal & accounting laws in Nigeria and other African markets.
- Some important duties that will be assigned to the person will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create the company capitalization and fund raising strategy such that it meets the growth projections of the company
- Create new and innovative financing structures that meet the needs of a global mix of investors.
- Lead the process of raising capital through equity, debt, quasi-equity and other structured products from international and domestic investors.
- Interact regularly with investors and ensure strong relationships with existing & future investors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure products are priced to meet customer needs and achieve profitability targets.
Portfolio and Credit Risk management:
- Design, implement and refine COMPANY’s Credit Model so as to ensure a healthy portfolio.
- Set appropriate portfolio quality metrics and ensure that the balance sheet has the appropriate provisions.
- Set the direction for the Portfolio & Credit management team and manage a high-caliber team to deliver the required portfolio quality.
Accounting, Compliance and Legal:
- Recruit, manage and lead a team that will ensure the COMPANY is compliant with accounting, statutory and legal regulations.
- Design and implement robust accounting control processes to protect the COMPANY’s assets, while also ensuring that the processes efficiently serve other parts of the COMPANY.
- At least 5+ years’ working experience for companies operating in the financial services or asset leasing sectors in emerging markets.
- Experience raising capital in the financial services or infrastructure sectors through innovative methods such as structured-finance or project finance approaches.
- At least 5+ years of senior leadership experience with managing a large credit portfolio.
- Vast experience in financial modelling and unit pricing.
- At least 5+ years of experience in leading the finance and accounting function of a fast growing company.
- Demonstrated excellence in hiring, managing and leading world-class teams.
- High levels of integrity.
- Experience in fast moving entrepreneurial organizations will be highly valued.
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works with the Management Team and General Manager to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets
- Develop or improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being and sustainability
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability and keeping operations lean
Supply Chain Function Management:
- Design and implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies. Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Plans supply chain activities to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Defines performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost, quality or other business objectives.
- Builds and documents supply chain processes, workflows, cycle times, position, responsibilities, or system flows.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Procurement and Supplier Management
- Management of Procurement and Logistics department
- Negotiates and manage prices, quality and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Analyses information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
Logistics & Inventory:
- Develops and implements processes and procedures for shipping, warehousing and inventory keeping.
- Evaluates and selects information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Analyse inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs, such as warranty and repair, to ensure products are recycled, refurbished or responsibly disposed.
- Engages local and international regulatory and government agencies for import/export of raw materials and products.
After-Sales & Warranty:
- Leading and implementing defaulting customer management and repossession strategy
- Management of after-sales process and guaranteeing customer satisfaction
- Reverse logistics process creation and management
- Warranty and refurbishment process management and monitoring
- 5 years in Operations is a must, with experience in a B2C firm with significant responsibility for corporate cost reporting and optimization -Or- as Business Operations consultant.
- Significant prior working experience internationally and in West Africa would be an added advantage
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Operations Management, Business Administration, Statistics, Supply Chain or Management is required. M.B.A or other relevant advanced degree would be an added advantage.
- IoSCM, CIPS or equivalent will also be an added advantage
- Track record of success managing cross functional teams.
- Ability and experience working in a start-up environment would be an added advantage.
- Operations Management Acumen. Expert in understanding and application of theoretical and practical approaches to business operations management and implementation.
- Negotiation. Maintaining one’s agenda whilst avoiding deadlock. Ability to conclude discussions with suppliers, partners, and alike to the company’s best interests.
- Judgment and Decision Making. Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, choosing the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking – Using structure, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Production & Processing Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Transportation. Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Ability to think strategically, to link strategy to implementation and develop strategically-focused plans
- Business strategy and planning skills
- Leadership. Strong leadership skills and ability motivate diverse cross-functional teams without having direct authority over them
- Energetic self-starter who demonstrates strong resourcefulness and personal initiative. Requires little hand-holding to deliver complex tasks. High level of energy and motivation
- Adaptable and comfortable in fast-changing start-up environment. Comfortable in uncertain and/or ambiguous situations. Fast learner. Willing to contribute in areas beyond formal job description.
- Ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Communication. Strong oral and written communication skills and fluent in english. Comfortable presenting to senior management and large groups
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th July, 2018.