Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer- Real Estate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria based with experience in Ogun state preferred
Start Date: Immediate
- Responsible for identifying, sourcing and managing vendors in ensuring that the overseen Project is developed as per design standards, compliance requirements, timeline; within cost, safety standards, sustainable supporting the Project Head in acquiring and maintaining customer accounts and in ensuring uninterrupted services are offered to customers.
Key Results Areas (Responsibilities)
- Supports the Project Head and team in the on-boarding phase for new customer wins to ensure fulfilment of all requirements and smooth start and continuity of operations
- Supports RED and Business Marketing teams who oversees the marketing database including services, key contacts, marketing activities, and customer/prospect files.
- Adjusts hours of work, priorities, and assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload within the department.
- Coordinates with and maintains close relationships with the Design and Construction Teams, Suppliers, Authorities, Shareholders and other Stakeholders to ensure that the Project land remains secure and gets all necessary support in a timely manner. Some of the support includes but is not limited to legal land titles, construction permits/licenses, etc.
- Corresponds and follow-ups with internal stakeholders (Engineering/Finance/Legal/Other Agility business units, etc.) and external stakeholders (contractors/consultants/partners etc) on bringing projects to completion (construction, development etc.).
Additional Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the alternate master plan revisions, as may be required
- Value engineering the master plan revisions or alternatives
- Overseeing the preparation of the project zoning / phasing
- Overseeing the preparation of the detailed plans for the zones / phases.
- Develop the project procurement and contracting strategy
- Select and appoint consultants, contractors, quantity surveyors, and suppliers to deliver the project
- Produce the project Master Schedule complete with work breakdown structure
- Produce the project cost estimate and manage the cost plan
- Produce the project plan including the HSE plan and Making sure that HSE norms are followed by all contractors and vendors at the site
- Produce the stakeholder management and communication plan and define key external and internal interfaces
- Overall coordination and integration of program-wide activities
- Making sure that the works are done with safety standards and no accidents at the site and all site staff are with safety protections
- Foreseeing the possible mistakes and design issued well in advance and escalate to the line manager
- Making sure that the works are done to very high-quality standards
- Making sure that all defects are attended by the contractors and vendors during the defect liability period and also after liability periods
- Making sure that all as built drawings and documents are completed by the contractors and in place before releasing the final payments to the vendors and contractors
- Define the overall project objectives and scope
- Manage the delivery of the project and submit reports to the Line Manager on the progress of the works
- Manage the design and project management process, including:
- Reviewing and commenting on site development proposals
- Review and finalization of the Tender and Contract Documents
- Review Design and change as per business needs
- Vender Prequalification and Selecting right vendors for the jobs
- Contractors and Suppliers Bills review and recheck and certification
- Preparation of scope and conditions of contract
- Contract negotiations
- Making sure that the machines and plants are maintained as per the manufacturers requirements and also warranty covers and documents are maintained
- Coordination and completion of the defects during the life of the assets
- Making minor drawings and details using ACAD and issuing the contractors
- This section records the signified quantities on which the job has some direct or indirect impact. It helps to define the scope and scale of the job.
- Direct : Director of Construction/Senior Regional Property Development
- Matrix (if any): TBD
Span of Control:
- One or more Projects in the resources geography
- Budget Targets – Cost Control and monitoring
- Development Targets – Design and Approvals
- Communication Skills (in English)
- Experience in construction projects in Nigeria or abroad
Functional Relationships / Interactions
- Government agencies
- Partners / Consultants
- Customers / Clients
- Vendors / Suppliers
Key Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Must be a COREN member
- Member of the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers
- Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers
- 6 years of building/warehouse construction experience is a must
$2,500 – $3,500 gross monthly, with company vehicle, mobile line, laptop, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2018.