Rossland Screening Solutions – Our client, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
- They are seeking to hire a Project Coordinator who will be in charge of assisting their Project Managers/ Agronomist in organizing their ongoing Agri projects.
- This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies for the farmers project
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- PhD/M.Sc In Agronomy, Crop Science
- 7 years’ experience in related field.
- Project Management skills and certification
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Office Management skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Must be able to speak Hausa.
Job Title: Machine Operator
- The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
- The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
- Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Work under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
- Set up machines at the beginning of the shift to ensure proper working order
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Maintain and clean tools before and after each shift
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes, and sizes through the device set up box
- Place parts in semi-automated machines
- Calibrate machines at the beginning of each turn
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy
- Perform safety checks on every machine
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times
- Create and maintain activity logs
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors.
- Degree/HND in Engineering from a recognised Higher Institution
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Machine Operator is a must.
- Must be a resident of Kano or willing to relocate to Kano
- Must be able to speak Hausa.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
Top Skills & Proficiencies:
- Experience as a Machine Operator
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina and Strength
- Handle Heavy Equipment
- Work Independently
Job Title: Procurement Executive
- In charge of daily operational purchasing needs such as planning, issuing and following up on Purchase Orders delivery.
- Resolve supply, quality, service and invoicing issues with vendors
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation.
- Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead time requirements
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Responsible to source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and oversea vendors
- Evaluate vendor’s quotation to ensure that they are in line with the technical and commercial specifications required for our projects
- Advise internal and external on issues regarding purchasing Terms & Conditions
- Proficient in use of MS Office Applications (Words, Excel, Access) and SAP
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under stress in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a resident of Kano state or willing to relocate to Kano state.
- Must be able to speak Hausa
- B.Sc /HND in Procurement or Business Administration.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience in a similar capacity preferably in an Engineering Company- This is a Must.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills with suppliers and internal customers
- Resourceful, self-driven, proactive and independent worker
- Hardworking and meticulous with positive attitude
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th July, 2018.