Rovedana Limited – Our client, a wholly owned Nigerian Company dedicated to effecting development in the Nigerian Oil and gas industry.
They have several years’ experience in Oil and Gas, Instrumentation and Electrical, General support and Training. With one of the best training centres in Africa solidly producing outstanding personnel over the last several years. They’ve been identified as the only Nigerian company capable of certain simulation training in Yokagawa and DCS systems.
We are currently in search of a qualified candidate with solid experience in the oil and gas industry to handle some of their key projects for our client, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Turbine Specialist
- Organises on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- Assists the Planning Engineer with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all Maintenance works.
- With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Manages interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team,
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors (and in certain plant – Operates) the functioning of utilities and all equipment placed under his responsibility, Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example,
- Manages and Coaches/Mentors the team of technicians directly under his responsibility, Is a member of the SITE emergency team,
- Carries out, at CONTRACTOR’s site representative’s request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
- Identifies, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand,
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements,
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements, Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts,
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to COMPANY and CONTRACTOR if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable,
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
- Verifies the quality of his teams’ interventions by frequent on-site checks and final checks prior to hand-back of large, critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance activity.
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures.
- He is responsible for maintenance operations within his field of competence.
- He ensures that maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with COMPANY’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his field, carried out on SITE by CONTRACTOR.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he is responsible for on production SITES.
- He plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on SITE.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Higher National Diploma HND or Certificate (B.Sc.) with 10 to15 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations,
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- Specific professional knowledge: CMIMS : SAP/R3
- Mechanical Specific: Aero Derivative Gas Generators (GE LM2500 preferably), Compressors, Firewater pumps, HP Barrel pumps, Submersible water pumps, Process and Utilities Valves (all types), Diesel Generators, etc.,
- HV & LV power distribution and control networks, HV & LV motor drives and Alternators, Inverters, high voltage cells, variable speed units, Lighting networks, switchgear, etc.
- All types of instrumentation Gas and Oil metering, DCS and PLC systems, UCP’s, etc.
- Specific: All HVAC plant and controls (AHU’s, Fan’s, motors, Belt drives, All Refrigeration and Freezer room equipment and its associated controls), Good Mechanical Engineering Background, Operational experience in the operation of Utilities equipment.
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Takes a Pride in his work,
- Has the ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Languages: English necessary (score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC), French an advantage.
- He must have proven ability as a leader of small teams.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his own field,
- He must show common sense and an organisational ability.
- Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust he has in his teams, is essential.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV’s to: [email protected] The Subject of the mail should be “Turbine Specialist”.