Posted on :
12 Jun, 2012
12 Jun, 2012
Department: Internal Audit
Reporting to: GM Investigations, Africa
1. Job Purpose:
To enhance the awareness of fraud risk in the organization. Conduct investigations in a fair and independent manner. Support compliance to the Code of Conduct by ensuring that all complaints and concerns raised by staff are addressed timely.
2. Key Accountabilities
• Enhance the awareness of fraud risk within the organization.
• To improve compliance to Code of Conduct by employees, key vendors, business associates and strategic partners through various initiatives & measures.
• Obtain understanding of current and emerging fraud risks.
• Identify areas specifically vulnerable to fraud and actively engage with functional directors, other stake holders and Co-Auditors to implement anti-fraud monitoring and fraud preventive controls.
• Maintain liaison with law enforcement, regulatory agencies and industry peers on incident specific issues that may require follow-up and criminal trends.
3. Fraud Investigation:
• Provide support through high quality investigations.
• Identify root causes leading to instances of impropriety and use the results of investigative matters to identify risk related issues and present lessons learned and recommendations to mitigate those risks.
• Follow-up with appropriate business leaders and/or departments and ensure close looping of recommendations in the investigation report.
4. People Management:
• Continuous development of Fraud management and Internal Audit teams including peers and partner.
• Ensure ongoing reassessment of skill sets required and supplement through recruitment or outsourcing.
5. Skills and Knowledge (minimum acceptable proficiency for this job)
Educational Qualifications &Functional /Technical Skills:
• Post graduation with a major in Management / Finance and Accounting
• Professional qualification: ACA, CFE, CISA
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years):
• Minimum 10 years of experience out of which at least 5 years should be in Fraud investigations in Africa
• Experience in the telecommunications industry
• IT Skills (ability to interrogate different databases and perform Teleco specific data analytics)
• French Language skills
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.):
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail.
• Focused, driven and outcome-oriented.
• Work independently as well as manage a team of professionals (inhouse and partner teams).
• Interact with senior management and act as a change agent.
• Work under pressure with no compromise on quality of delivery.
• Travel at short notice.
• Relocate to other locations within the group.
Qualified Applicants should please send CVs to [email protected] indicating the position applied for.
Please only qualified candidates should apply.