RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Corporate Law Drafting for the Water and Sanitation Sector Law
Job Type: Short Term Consultancies
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners is implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) program.
- E-WASH will provide technical assistance to state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project, is seeking to identify a dynamic and technically strong Consultants to support to the drafting of a to support the drafting of a coherent and holistic water and sanitation sector law for effective implementation of the sector reforms in Abia.
- The consultants must be willing to spend up to 2 Weeks (12 working days) from Thursday 11th to Friday 26th April 2019. Female candidates that meet the criteria below are strongly encouraged to apply.
Objectives of the Baseline Survey
- The objective of the assignment is to draft a bill for the state Water law that will provide for improved institutional, regulatory and legal framework for urban water supply and sewerage in Abia and provide enabling environment for the ongoing sector reforms aimed at achieving full operational efficiency and financial autonomy as well as accountability and financial sustainability in urban water and sewerage services in Abia State
Qualifications and Experience
- University graduate degree in Law, a professional qualification with a minimum of 10 years post professional experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a water & sanitation or infrastructure sector reforms program;
- Highly motivated and experienced in providing high-level and results-oriented technical support to clients under a complex political environment;
- Knowledge and experience of donors such as USAID, World Bank and AfDB funded projects, policies, instruments and facilities; and,
- Computer literacy (minimum MS Word, Excel, MIS).
- A demonstrable understanding of the institutional, legal and regulatory framework for water and sanitation sector in Nigeria;
- A good understanding of policies, strategies, technology and social components related with the Water Supply and Sanitation in Nigeria is a requirement;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, methodological rigor and problem-solving ability;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as “ONE Single Word” document to: (not more than 7 pages) to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 11th April, 2019.