Posted on :
26 Apr, 2010
26 Apr, 2010
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
GENERAL INFORMATION ORGANIZATION: RTI INTERNATIONAL
APPLY BY: 19 MAY 2010
CURRENT STATUS: ACCEPTING RESUMES/CV’s
RTI International is seeking experienced Chief of Party candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded, 5 year, $110 million comprehensive malaria control program covering 3 or more states in Nigeria. The anticipated Scope of Work will (1) Support an integrated delivery and scale up of proven malaria interventions including insecticide treated bednets (ITNs), artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs), rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs), and intermittent preventive treatment to pregnant women (IPTp), (2) Strengthen management capacity of the State Ministry of Health and Local Government Area health personnel to provide planning and oversight of malaria interventions (3) Promote positive behaviors through behavior change communication (BCC) activities (4) Improve capacity of the focus states and the NMCP to monitor and evaluate malaria interventions.
The successful candidate will be a part of RTI’s fast-growing Center for International Health (CIH). The Center implements broad-based programs in health systems and finance, health policy and research, health governance and public private partnerships, and infectious diseases. This position offers excellent opportunities for professional growth and long-term advancement at the Institute.
• Serves as RTI’s representative in Nigeria and key liaison to USAID, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners for all program related matters.
• Ensures a high level of communication and close working relationships with USAID and the Government of Nigeria.
• Provides strategic leadership and technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project.
• The COP shall be responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project and to establish the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project.
• Oversees and provides direction and guidance to the program’s technical, operational, and administrative staff.
• Interfaces regularly with USAID on management and decision-making. Ensures that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated.
• Develops and implements annual program work plans and performance milestone plans and negotiates an agreement of those plans with USAID and other partner organizations.
• Ensures the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
• A Masters degree in public health, environment health, entomology, or related field.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for USAID-funded health projects, including at least ten years of work experience in Africa.
• Prior work experience and knowledge of the public health environment in Nigeria strongly desired.
• Demonstrated senior-level expertise in infectious diseases, malaria prevention and control experience preferred.
• Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams for large USAID funded health projects.
• Experience in client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing implementation, managing a large staff, and fielding and managing STTA.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to manage a large team team-oriented setting.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English required.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
CLICK LINK TO APPLY
Deadline: 19 May 2010