Rural Homes Limited is an incorporated property development firm specialized in private, public and commercial projects. We are particularly focused on property improvements and development of private residences, housing estates, commercial structures and infrastructure.
With Over 20 years of experience in the real estate sector, Rural Homes Limited has an immense reserve of experience and resources, affording it the financial, technical and administrative ability needed to effectively plan, develop and manage landed properties.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant (Entry Level)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Reports to the Head of Department
Working Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- He/she would be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly supervision of all accounting activities; implementation and compliance with accounting principles, practices, procedures and statutory requirements to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Assist in preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assist in computing taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Assist in computing and Remitting Statutory deductions such as Pension and NHF in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyze the company’s business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of company.
- Establish Chart of accounts, and capture entries to the proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets.
- Budget Monitoring – Preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Posting and reconciliation of transactions on the company’s accounting software – SAGE 50.
- Prepare forms and manuals required for accounting and bookkeeping activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain creative solutions to business and financial problems.
- Provide internal auditing services for the company.
- Advise employees and management in areas such as compensations, employee health care benefits, and other payroll emoluments.
- Investigate irregularities in financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
- Appraise, evaluate, and take inventory of company assets while maintaining an asset register.
- Analyze Reconcile and Post Petty cash and Fuel imprest on SAGE 50.
- Monthly physical stock take and reconciliation.
- Cash withdrawal and liquidity management.
- Compilation and submission of weekly sales report.
- Confirmation of customer deposits and Issuance of receipts.
- Assist the Head of Accounts in setting up and updating customer’s payments records.
- Assist the Head of Accounts in the Management, Preparation and payment of monthly payroll.
- Assist the Head of Accounts in the Management of the Loan process.
- The responsibilities and duties on this list are not exhaustive; other duties may be added as the need arises.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 1-2 years working experience across accounting functions.
- Experience of reporting to regulatory authorities like FIRS, NHF, Pension Authorities as an added advantage.
- Experience using SAGE or other ERP as an added advantage.
- Highly organised and action-oriented.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Appliaction Deadline: 26th February, 2021.
Note: Candidates should upload their CV and Cover letter in one Microsoft word document.
EEO Statement: We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees. Women are strongly encouraged to apply to this position.