RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global Oil and Gas Exploration and Production industry, using Rope Access Technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hospitality Officer
Job Reference Code: RS-FAS-003
Job Type: Contract
Summary of Functions
- Assists in ensuring that attendants are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers
- Attend to customer complaints in a timely manner
- Fully aware of catering operation and make suggestions for improvement
- To arrange duties and rosters as necessary to ensure that all tasks are correctly and timely completed
- Ensure maximum security in all areas under control and that staff are fully aware of the importance of key security
- To be aware of all statutory regulations affecting safety and ensure that any safety hazard is reported
- Assists in coordinating departmental meeting and report departmental performance
- Accept all the internal customer service request assigned to the department related to services, reassign and follow up with responsible units for close out
- Responds to internal customer inquiries and concerns. Ensures timely and quality service delivery to customer. Follows up with internal customer to ensure customer satisfaction
- Reports – Generate the required daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and Annually reports and presentations
- Performs other duties or projects as required or as assigned
- Assists in ensuring that Kitchens and Lounges are clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements.
- Assists in ensuring that room service orders are executed promptly and that they comply with the procedure
- Supervision of attendants and stewards in head office and staff houses
- Assists in ensuring the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages as per procedure
- To plan and cost menus, making sure that budgetary limits and prescribed menus are adhered to.
- Assists in ensuring consistency in the production of food, whether this is served in the restaurants, lounge or staff house dining room
- Ensure that rooms have been serviced and maintained as per standards and Company procedure
- Ensure that once a booking is confirmed, all details and requirements are noted, using a check list to maintain the room
- Assists in ensuring that staff house and company approved hotel guests are checked in and allocated rooms promptly and courteously. Also greets guest after they are checked in to ensure their comfort
- Ensure that faults and defects are reported to Facility Maintenance Department and actioned without delay.
- Assists in ensuring that all stocks and supplies are timely requested, correct stock levels maintained and stored under optimum conditions.
- A good University First degree is required.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in Hospitality sector
- Experience in a 3 or 4 Star Hotel is required
- Flexibility with time to work extra hours is highly required
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good reasoning skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team with high people orientation
- Strong supervisory skills
- Good relational and interpersonal skills.
- Good team spirit and strong customer orientation.
- Good problem solving, initiative and planning skills