SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Manager
Reference Number: SAB-423
Location: Osun – Ilesa
Work Level: Management
- Opportunity exists at International Breweries Plc, Ilesa for an Environmental Manager reporting to the Plant Manager.
- The Environmental Manager will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, conservation and renewable energy in the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Environmental Manager will:
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Write environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company
- Set organizational sustainability targets, and develop plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Facilitate the identification, selection and implementation of plant improvement projects
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and international regulation and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Audit, analyze and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organization’s environmental risks and financial cost
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organization on the environment
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Bio-science, Ecology, Environmental Science/Mgt. or Equivalents
- M.Sc/MBA will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification.
- 3 – 4 years of experience as Environmental Manager/Coordinator in a Brewery or FMCG environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to think effectively and able to work under pressure
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to manage projects as well as produce and deliver presentations
- Ability to understand and utilize systems to carry out problem solving
- Excellent skills to Stimulate and manage change
- High level of commercial awareness and an understanding of business