Safmarine Nigeria continues to grow aggressively and has in the last 4 years doubled its business, and expanded both its office and liner service network to encompass all maritime/commercial centers in Nigeria. Nigeria acts as a focus for the NBT Cluster Structure, encompassing Benin, Togo and Niger, and thus assuming a coordinating role in creating functional centers of excellence within this geographical scope.
The host country, Nigeria (with a population of 140million and strong trade ties to the surrounding countries), is the second largest Import Country in Sub Saharan Africa Area in terms of Container Business.
The cluster has strong growth potential and has a dynamic team with many different business entities, ranging from stevedoring to container terminals and logistics. We have a very diverse organization and with huge potential and opportunities, we look forward to bringing exciting and innovative people to our team!
Safmarine is recruiting for an Import Customer Service (Pre-call).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Achieving Safmarine Nigeria’s set Customer service yearly targets
- Customer satisfaction survey target
- Access and Experience targets
- Customer service PDI/KPI targets
2. Handle all Safmarine Import related Pre-call activities
- Ensure arrival notices are sent timely
- Ensure BL parties are correctly updated in all related systems according to customer requirements
- Ensure increase in invoicing accuracy in relation to invoiced parties and charges
- Ensure cargo concessions given prior to arrival are documented and properly applied
3. Handle all customer service related issues
- Proactive customer notifications (arrival notices, cargo rolling, re-routings, short-shipments, rotation numbers etc)
- Transshipment & Re-shipment requests
- Documentation amendments
- Customer invoice enquires
- Coordination of Safmarine branding & Events
- Customer database management
- Special cargo requests (step-down, retention, re-handling etc)
4. Act as in-house sales back-up
- Assist in handling customer enquires and issues for segmented and non-segmented customers
- Inter and Intra department coordination – (especially with Maersk Line colleagues handling back-office functions)
- Attend to APM mail communications – ensure prompt and effective communication. Ensure clear differentiation between internal correspondence and external correspondence.
- Handle customer’s complaints and ensure corrective actions are initiated, thus preventing that same mistakes happening again.
Training/Special Skills Required:
- Overall shipping knowledge.
- Communication and probing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Inter Personal skills.
- Report writing / reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent IT skills