Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Graphic Designer & Multimedia Supervisor
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving colour, copy, text format separations, and scaling images for print production.
- Prepare layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in publication and /or exhibition design;
- Layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction;
- Design, and produce artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, corporate souvenirs, banner, signs and report covers;
- Handle copyright, reprint, and permission processes;
- Interpret the business needs of various subsidiaries/department and developing a concept to suit that purpose; estimating the time required to complete the work and providing cost to user stakeholders
- Work with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD); proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max/Cinema 4D
- Organize copy flow and maintains database/bibliographic/archival retrieval system of all references used in creation of published materials;
- Manage budget, including invoicing, tracking project expenditures and assisting in budget development by summarizing, researching and analysing past project expenditures;
- Coordinate relationship with vendors; preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for final approval;
- Develop interactive design; commissioning illustrators and photographers; working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists to drive Sahara’s brand message.
- Manage all production of high quality photos and videos for Sahara Groups internal and external events/activities
- Produce materials to be used across board to engage both internal and external stakeholders – Documentaries, Videos, Photo stories, Interview clips etc.
- Develop expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around;
- Consult with user departments/subsidiaries to obtain multimedia project objectives, specs, and working materials.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, particularly editing programs such as Light room, Aftereffects, and Premiere Pro.
- Provide an archive of Sahara Group’s photographs/videos and other branded material for reference purposes
- Have vast understanding of traditional film and digital photography and keeping up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques;
- Design and produce simple to complex multimedia presentations; prepare files for imaging to film 4-color printing, advanced media, and electronic delivery.
- Plan, manage and report project status, budget, and milestone achievements for all phases of a project.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Minimum of a relevant University Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role within a Fast Moving Consumer Goods company, Financial services company, Oil & Gas, Telecoms or top flight creative agency, with well compiled portfolio
- Expert knowledge utilizing Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and various 3-D software platforms a plus.
- Adept with all forms of social media and platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- MS Office Suite.
- Mac and Windows environments
- Excellent visual communication skills to present ideas and information in a multimedia context combined with excellent IT and programming skills.
- Exceptional creative flair and an innovative approach to all design projects.
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Proven competence in design and image manipulation software
- Teamwork skills because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- InDesign & Illustrator
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Photoshop & 3ds Max/Cinema 4D
- Photography & Fine art
- Sundry software packages for designs/photography
- Ability to out-think briefs for problem solving
- Attention to details
- Ability to transform abstracts to reality using design
- Work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and visually
- Head, Corporate Communications
- Company MDs & Departmental Heads
- Strategy & Business Intelligence Departments
- Business Development
- Subsidiary heads
- Corporate Communications in subsidiaries/affiliates
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply