Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative / Finance Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Admin and Finance Manager will be responsible for the management of both financial and administrative works of the project and organization (as required). The major financial duties and responsibilities of the officer include accounting, software operation, reporting and documentation, cash flow/fund management, compliance.
- And, administrative duties and responsibilities are to conduct works related to general administration, assets management, coordination, procurement function, inventory management, etc.
- Responsible for the financial health and risk management of the organisation
- Responsible for the performance of the finance & administration and property business units
- Member of the management team reporting to the Executive Director
- Compile and consolidate accurate organisational and project budgets on time
- Negotiate favourable terms on donors’ contributions to TVT’s operational and other costs
- Monitor expenditure and ensure alignment with budget
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Lead account and administration department in the project
- Prepare monthly budget variance reports for each business area
- Produce timely and accurate donor reports, including monthly pipeline reports
Financial monitoring and Compliance (Risk Management):
- Review financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs and maximise resource use
- Ensure that the organisation’s policies, procedures and internal controls are relevant and compliant with requirements of donors, local laws, GAAP/IFRS, PFMA, tax, etc.
- Ensure that committees (Finance, HR, Assets & Estates Committee and Audit & Risk Committee) for internal control are properly constituted, meet regularly and their recommendations are implemented
- Participate on SHO’s management team ensuring sound organisational leadership
- Attend and submit financial reports at Board of Trustees meetings
- Contribute to SHO’s fundraising and resource mobilisation activities
- Oversee day-to-day functions of the finance and administration department
- Manage cash flow, oversee weekly payments and approve general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Ensure adequate preparation for audits
Required Profile / Experience
- Degree / HND / OND in Administrative/Finance/Accounting or any other related course;
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in Managing Grants of a Minimum of USD 500,000;
- Technical in warehousing management.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language ad advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before the deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “Job position” as the subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
Application Deadline: 10th September, 2020.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org