Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State is a private faith-based University, founded by The Apostolic Church Nigeria (TACN), LAWNA Territory. The University is named after Pastor Samuel Adegboyega, who was the first LAWNA Territorial Chairman and one of the founding fathers of TACN, The institution is licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the National Universities Commission (NUC) on 7th March, 2011. The University commenced its academic activities in 2011 and has completed three (3) academic sessions in 2016/2017 academic session.
Samuel Adegboyega University is located in Ogwa, Esan West Local Government Area of Edo State, Nigeria. The campus is on the Agbor-Uromi Road, off Benin-Asaba Highway. It is 30nainutes drive from Agbor, Uromi and Ekpoma; and one hour drive from Benin-City
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The Governing Council of the University wishes to recruit an astute, conscientious, highly experienced, visionary, dynamic and God-fearing Vice- Chancellor who will build a formidable team and move the University towards realizing the goals and dreams of the founders. The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Head of the University. He/She is Chairman of the Senate, Congregation and a member of the Governing Council.
The Vice- Chancellor shall carry out the under listed functions among others:
- Be responsible to the Governing Council for the maintenance of peace, law and order in the University;
- Be competent at all times to advise the Governing Council on matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guidance and procedure approved by the Senate and other statutory bodies;
- Be responsible for staff and students discipline and welfare in the University.
Applicants for the post of Vice-Chancellor must possess the following credentials. He/She:
- Must be a distinguished scholar with exceptional academic and administrative records;
- Must be a tested and trusted manager of both human and material resources;
- Must have spent not less than twelve (12) years in the University system with at least ten (10) years of experience as a professor;
- Must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the vision and mission of the University;
- Must have high moral standards, impeccable character and proven integrity with commitment to best practices in corporate governance with particular utilization of emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity, and must ensure judicious utilization of scarce resources for optimum public good.
- Must be able to attract research grants and complimentary fund from local and international agencies and thereby uplifting the academic status of the University;
- Must be accountable and possess the required integrity in the management of funds and should be able to allocate financial resources appropriately;
- Must demonstrate inter-personal and team building skills and also have the capacity to manage staff, students and members of the University community;
- Must be a leader who by his pedigree command the respect and loyalty of staff and students;
- Should have the capacity to attract, motivate and retain highly qualified and talented staff;
- Should possess entrepreneurship initiatives, attract extra-statutory funds and other resources for the University’s development;
- Have excellent oral and written skills
- Should articulate and ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations;
- Must be physically and mentally sound;
- Must be highly proficient in the use of computer and be committed to development of ICT into the programme and services of the University;
- Must not be above sixty-five (65) years of age by October, 2017.
Salary and Condition of Service
Successful candidates shall hold office for a single-term of five years and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his/her letter of appointment.
Remuneration will be consolidated Salary for University Vice-Chancellor with NUC approved benefits and allowances as applicable to the Nigeria University system/other benefits/entitlements as approved from time to time by the Governing Council of Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit fifteen (15) copies of his/her application, curriculum vitae and photocopies of his/her credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Institutions attended
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience(s)
- Positions held with dates
- Other activities outside the current employment
- List of publications with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Grants attracted with evidences of attraction
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Present Position with Salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
Interested candidates, who meet the requirement stated above, should submit with their application, fifteen (15) copies of the statement of the candidate’s vision for the University under confidential cover in sealed envelope with position applied for boldly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
Samuel Adegboyega University (SAU),
KM1, Ogwa-Ehor Road,
Note: Candidates are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Registrar before the closing date.
Application Deadline: 5th October, 2017