Saroafrica International Limited is an indigenous private sector player with over 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saroafrica has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is expected to be for the Saro Agrisciences We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Manager – Formulation Plant
Location: Magboro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate should have an average of 7-15 years of business management experience in a Chemical/Formulation plant or similar role. He/ she will have a track record of outstanding management of day-to-day operations, including production, human resources, and accounting processes.
- He /she is responsible for leading and overseeing all operations in the business and implement strategies to ensure productivity while also evaluating how well the business performed on various tasks within a specific time frame.
- Average of 10- 15 years Leadership experience in a similar role in an Herbicide Formulation or Similar Manufacturing Industry The role is open to Nigerians as well as expatriates.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- The Manager shall be responsible for overseeing business growth efforts on behalf of the company.
- Duties will include conducting market research to identify new business opportunities and client leads, coordinating with company leadership to conduct risk assessments, and maintaining beneficial relationships with clients, suppliers and other business partners.
- Ensure optimum cost control for the entire business by identifying business opportunities.
- Working with the R&D team, Identify and implement continuous improvements initiatives for the formulation plant, including recipe improvements, and other marketing related initiatives.
- Identify business waste and block leakages.
- Organize and coordinate business operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Lead & supervise the business operations employees to ensure productivity efficiency of operations and providing direction on how best to handle different tasks while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Assess overall company performance against objectives
- Drives the manufacturing strategy of the business. Perform Short, Mid & Long-term capacity planning etc- to ensure seamless execution.
- Assessing and identifying new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
- Engages the sales, planning and market facing team to be able to deliver the right products that serves the customer needs.
- Maintain plan for forecasting, targeting, and attaining sales
- Ensure Finished goods (FG) availability to support sales ambition (Zero stock out situation).
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Create capture tactics for sales targets that are in line with the objectives of the practice area and the business model.
- Developing skill sets of team members, onboarding plans, operator trainings (both internal & external interventions as required) etc.
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g., people, material, equipment etc.)
- Identify areas of manufacturing Wastage and drive them down.
- Ensure that manufacturing related market complaints are tracked and driven down to near zero as much as possible.
- Ensure that system and analytical processes, documentation, testing are done, and documents kept.
- Ensure a robust cGMP, and relevant ISO certification are done, and team are abreast with current manufacturing standards.
- Drives Inbound, In processing and outbound manufacturing quality.
Oversee & supervise engagement with Regulators:
- Oversee engage and supervise issues around safety and regulatory engagement with regulators, ministries, and other environmental agencies.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
- Leadership skills
- Strategic Thinking
- People Management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of Second class upper in business, management, or related field
- 7-15 Years of relevant business management experience in manufacturing environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
13th March, 2023.