Saroafrica International Limited is an innovative & Profitable Company in her chosen Industries, enhancing Lives from Farms to Homes through her winning Products & Services channeled through her extensive Rural & Urban Trade Networks in Nigeria & Sub-Saharan Africa.
In Saroafrica, we have obligated to doing the right thing in the right and prescribed manner because of our strong belief that our business growth and expansion will be achieved and sustained when strong corporate governance and a culture of compliance exist.
To drive this objective, we are pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Learning and Development
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head, Human Resources, and the Head of Learning & Development is responsible for creating and implementing development programs and overseeing the development of talents and careers.
The Head of Learning & Development provides proactive and consultative L&D services with the support of the Human Resources (HR) team across the Saro businesses. This will be accomplished through:
- Maintaining and or enhancing the existing L&D infrastructure
- Managing all aspects of the training cycle (Training Needs Analysis , Course development, implementation and delivery, monitoring and evaluation);
- Providing guidance to L&D policies, programs and processes as necessary while ensuring alignment with Individual businesses and Corporate business strategies;
- Preparing and monitoring of L&D budgets;
- Managing and coaching L&D team members;
- Measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of L & D initiatives in line with key performance indicators
- Ensuring quality delivery of development Programs,& Workshops;
- Preparing , Monitoring and updating L&D policies
- Participating, when required, in HR and non-HR projects and initiatives as needed.
- Ensuring that all Statutory Training Requirements are met
Other Key Attributes:
- Experience in delivering high-quality L&D support and a history of forging strong relationships;
- Experience in the core areas of coaching, performance management, talent management, change management, people development and diversity and engagement;
- Experience in the execution of all facets of training & development;
- Ability to demonstrate commercial understanding of the business coupled with an appetite to build a deep appreciation of the sectors in which we operate ;
- Team player who is willing to work hard to build strong and productive relationships at all levels;
- Proven ability to coach senior individuals and influence as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes;
- A change manager and project leader, with the credibility to influence at all levels within the Organization.
- Minimum of a 2:1 in Bachelors’ degree specializing in Human Resources, Psychology, Humanities and other relevant Social Sciences.
- A history of success in securing commitment and support for training & development initiatives;
- The ability to communicate effectively in English consult with others, build relationships, facilitate group discussions, deliver presentations and understand change management;
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze and understand the financial impact of relevant options;
- Ability to motivate and effectively coach others;
- Professionalism and integrity;
- Candidates are expected to have a minimum of Second Class Upper.
- Possession of a MBA or Higher degree or being a member of a recognised Professional body will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Training and Development, Organisational development, or relevant fields;
- Demonstration of steady progression and advancement with increased responsibilities;
- Ability to perform under time constraints to meet deadlines
- High level strategic thinking capabilities
- Possessing a shared mindset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 8th September, 2017.