Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Job Id: sav-77414
Job Type: Full Time
- Working closely with the lead Nutrition advisor and FFP DPM to ensure assessment for health facilities and partners running health facilities.
- Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria return home as early as possible and understand why their child is not admitted.
- Supervise the activities of the OTP/SFP team at the distribution point
- Request specific children to be followed up as required (newly enrolled children, sick children, long stay children / children not gaining weight, children with social problems etc).
- Liaise with the Community Mobilizer to ensure comprehensive community outreach and mobilisation, health education and treatment. Check that all messages to carers, community groups, leaders and authorities are consistent and fully understood.
- With support from lead Nutrition advisor and FFP DPM to map all health facilities with OTPs, stabilisation centres within locations where SC and FFP program is being implemented.
- Working closely with EYN community volunteers to ensure effective screening or all children under five years and referral systems are in place for all children.
- Work closely with staff at health facilities to ensure all children refereed with malnutrition are treated according to national standards.
- Working with the Community Mobilizer, ensure engagement of community leaders / their designates for the organisation of the arrivals outside of the centre
- Working with the IYCF Counsellor, ensure CMAM beneficiaries are referred to IYCF services when required
- Ensure adequate triage / that new arrivals are seen as a priority
Qualifications & Experience
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition / B.Sc or equivalent
- Experience of emergency nutrition work (preferably CMAM) and implementation of feeding programs, including monitoring and evaluation
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
- Computer literacy
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments and an understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems
- Proven capacity of management, leadership and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th September, 2017.