Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday.
About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability and CRM Assistant
Ref Id: 200005KT
Team: Nigeria Country office
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Child Safeguarding: Level 3
- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The role is responsible for receiving and registering complaints and their responses in the complaint database in a timely manner.
- This position will also be responsible for communicating response to enquiries and complaints to beneficiaries in a dignified manner.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Accountability Officer
- Staff directly reporting to this post: nil
Key Areas of Accountability
Receive and respond to complaints and feedback:
- Handling of the CRM phone lines
- Receive complaints and feedback via the CRM toll-free lines
- Respond to inquiries from programme beneficiaries
- Refer programme specific complaints to accountability focal points.
Document all feedback and complaints received from programme beneficiaries:
- Lodge all feedback, complaints and responses in the CRM database
- Ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe
- Ensure CRM database is forwarded to the accountability coordinator monthly
- Ensure confidentiality of complaint data is respected.
- Provide support to accountability officer and adviser to ensure effective CRM system across programmes
- Ensure CRM database is forwarded to the accountability adviser monthly
- Ensure the confidentiality of complaints data is respected.
Skills & Experience (Administrative and General Skills)
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 1 year of professional experience. Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS, STATA-12DHIS etc)
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with programme participants, children, parents/caregivers, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Ability to mobilise people – to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in save the children’s ways of working
- Knowledge and experience of child safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ability to speak Hausa and any of these languages is required.(Kanuri, Shuwa, Babur, Margi, Goza, Madara and Chibok).
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in or understanding of programme accountability principles
- Commitment to championing community and partner point of views
- Good understanding of accountability principles in terms of donors and organisational management but critically also to beneficiaries.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th October, 2020.