Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, REACH (3)
- The Program Manager will provide oversight to the REACH project team in Gombe, Katsina and Zamfara states on planning, monitoring, report writing and budget and award management in order to meet timelines within the life of the project.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Work together with the Program team and local partners to develop and track implementable project workplan and budgets in line with project objectives and plans
- Work closely with the project staff and monitor implementation of project workplan and reporting of activities
- Submit quality project narrative reports on timely basis to country office
- Effectively and efficiently work with all REACH staff and local partners to ensure timely reporting of narrative and financial reports to the country office
- Maintain good communication with staff and local partners
Planning and Budgeting:
- Provide guidance on activity plans, budgets and financial management and reporting to project staff and local partners in all project implementation states
- Provide guidance on budgeting, forecasting, rephrasing, tracking/monitoring and reporting
- Follow up with country office Awards and Finance to ensure timely disbursements of funds to local partners and assessment and vetting of local partners where appropriate.
Representation and Relationships:
- Represent REACH project on stakeholders meetings in the states where necessary.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective project management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years’ work experience or a Postgraduate qualification with 3 years’ experience in program management
- Proven supervisory skills and coaching for direct reports.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) and excellent writing skills
- At least 5 years programme management experience with INGO in Nigeria
- At least 3 years in Adolescent sexual health programme management.
- Effective planning, analytical, report writing and financial skills
- Very good understanding and skills in advocacy and in promoting gender equality, child rights, community empowerment, community development approaches, analytical & research skills, experience in conducting research, data analysis and knowledge management
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria
- Fluency in Hausa
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st July, 2018.
- Due to the urgency of this position, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received and also Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.