Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Service Delivery Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- The purpose of this role is to bridge the gap in household service delivery under the RB and Save the Children’s Stop Diarrhoea Initiative (SDI) project in Somolu LGA.
- S/he will monitor and supervise the Community Oriented Resource Persons (CORPs) activities within the household and get feedback’s as part of the Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) from beneficiaries as well as provide support during organize special group sessions in collaboration with the community leaders and other stakeholders.
- The job holder must be ready to work as a team, multi task and also undertake other support duties including, but not limited to arranging meetings/workshops, data entry and reporting.
Key Areas of Accountability and Service Delivery
- Plan and coordinate CORPS monthly cluster meetings and document feed backs
- Manage the SDI CRM by updating feedback’s on database, collate, report and close all complaints/feed backs timely.
- Support coordination of all elements of SDI related social accountability and CRM to ensure standards and responsiveness of community structures around the seven point plan
- Support the coordination of quarterly town hall meeting as part of the CRM
- Support refresher training’s of 300 CORPs on the use of counselling guide and interpersonal communication skills
- Take regular stock of all SC procured commodities under the SDI project and ensure no stock out at the health facilities and within households
- Provide administrative support to SAC Programme Teams including: preparing meeting agendas, tracking actions and key dates and organising events, meetings/workshop logistics e.g. booking venue/room, setting up conference calls etc
- Follow up with partners and stakeholders on mutually agreed action points and commitments with SDI
- Process payment, and payment requests for Partners as applicable
- Develop success/human interest stories around the SDI interventions and support BCC to ensure publication on SDI quarterly Newsletter
- Support all SDI demand creation activities around the 7 point plan and align all community structures’ events that promotes healthy behaviour
- Coordinate information required for the quarterly newsletter
- Point of contact to receive/send communication to/ from states on behalf of the team
- Receive Finance request from programme teams, follow up authorization etc
- Follow up with partners on mutually agreed action points with SCI
SDI Core Deliverables:
- Conduct advocacy visit to community stakeholders to foster good relationship
- Coordination of monthly CORPs Cluster meetings
- Conduct monthly Supportive Supervision of CORPs
- Analyse CORPs monthly activities and conduct a bi-monthly review by comparing commodities supplied with beneficiary listed for verification
- Liaise with State and Somolu LGA actors and share progress report bi-annually
- Collate retrieved complaints and establish a data base for timely closure
- Support transportation and distribution of program materials to beneficiaries
- All official communication is copied to line manager and the relevant people.
Skills and Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – A Master’s degree in Public Health, Sociology, Social Work, Health Management, Nursing or Development Studies.
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ work experience in a similar role preferably within National/INGO sector.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Points and statistical applications
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Internal: Regular liaison with the management teams in Lagos and States
- External: Contact with Somolu LGA, SC partners, Community structures (CORPs, PLACO and WASHCOM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017.