Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
Job Title: Senior Tender Manager & Pipeline Manager
Ref Id: 004137
- Lead tender preparation team (Purchasing, Contract, Technical, .) to build competitive offer respecting customer needs. Analyse complex/multi technology RFQs (Request For Quotation) with ability to draft amendments during Influence phase. Animate multi-BU tender preparation (Cat. A & B) and consolidate technical and financial data. Optimise project set-up and participate to external partners detection and qualification. Enhance & consolidate quotes to reach target price while avoiding rejection and margin slippage. Manage global tender risk analysis with SRMs. Support the Opportunity Leader during customer negotiations and closing of the deal. Contribute strongly to the Tender managers community.
- Manage Zone/Regional Opportunity Portfolio focusing on key topics including Pipeline Management, Processes & Tools.
- Animate and ensure full implementation of SOC (Solution Opportunity Committee) practice in Zone/Region covering all BUs and Market Segments.
Key Responsibilities / Activities
- As key contributor of opportunity capture team, support Opportunity Pursuit Leader in Influence plan deployment, =S= qualification, spec-in and review RFQ drafting
- May under delegation of Sales Manager take over Opportunity Pursuit Leader role. Can be in a customer facing role.”
- Analyze RFQs, make recommend BID / NOBID (at S1 gate) to the management by gathering inputs from relevant Subject Mater Experts (SMEs)
- Monitor formal gate reviews approvals and collection of mandatory information to start tender work”
- Define tender internal strategy and lead tender team (potentially remote & international) of SMEs (logistic, technical, purchasing, site works, Contract….)
- Prepare on time the commercial offer in order to optimise the costs, minimise the rists and meet customer expectation to overtake competition.
- Master all aspects of the offer: technical proposal, purchasing, all contractual aspects, control risks, commercial environment, cash flow etc.”
- Challenge contributions & deliverables to optimise the overall =S= Offer, from SMEs, Application centers and other contributors. Build a synthesis of overall risks.
- Get target price based on reasoning and simulate alternate scenarii to reach it. Foster tendering teams convergence to reach common position of Offer content.
- Animate liaison meetings, define interfaces, refine setup, clarify compliance strategy, raise questions to the Client through Sales Lead.
- Perform reliable and efficient communication to main stakeholders, raise roadblocks when needed”
- Prepare tender review (S2) presentation support and roll out S2 presentation, capture comments from authorized VPs/SMEs and amend offer accordingly
- Circulate in tender approval in bFO as per official workflow. Submit offer complete and on time with no rejection for administrative reasons
- Follow-up contract negotiation in close collaboration with Opportunity Pursuit Leader and insure timely answers to Customer’s requests
- Participate actively to award during critical step of closing and if needed arrange clarification meetings with relevant SMEs
- Check that negotiations remain within delegation given during S2 gate, alert and trigger new validation process if needed”
- Lead Review Before Sign (in case of availability of draft contract) and reassess As sold margin. Prepare and lead Project Handing Over to execution team.
- Monitor and review the performance of tendering process through preassigned KPIs Monitor margin deviation vs. Last Validated).
- Anticipate and follow the need for SFC at the segment level in line with the allocated budget”
- Follow the different stages of the CPP (Customer Project Process): Risks analysis, cash curve, offer review, tender submittal review during PSC (Project Steering Committee), escalation workflow for getting the final approval.
- Prepare the Tender Review meeting (S2) with the offer team and communicate the results afterward to the team.”
- Contribute strongly to quotation tools improvements with Tendering and IT leaders. Provide feedback on points of improvement and post-mortem analysis.
- Take part of TM Community of Practice within his Execution Center and globally within Execution Center network. Identify, formalise, share and promote lessons learned and best practices. Act as role model and/or coach of junior TMs. “
- Portfolio Management – monitor opportunity pipeline portfolio performance and identify improvement actions with a specific focus on large and complex opportunities and projects (Categories A & B)
- Portfolio Management – Work with CPO teams to maintain and monitor the entire opportunity portfolio; Monthly Order Intake Forecast Monitoring & tracking on the entire opportunity portfolio in coordination with ZEC/REC Leaders.
- Portfolio Analysis – Track health of opportunity portfolio (Right, Real, Rich), bringing the visibility of portfolio to management and sounding alarm in case of serious concern. Monitor opportunity portfolio performance and drive improvement actions. Monitor KPI :
- Hit Rate
- Margin at booking
- Minimum 10 years in Solution Tendering and/or Customer Project environment with experience in complex tender / projects
- 5 years successful experience in driving complex tender drafting with a team (functional management), remote project team management is a plus
- Proven ability to lead functional and remote team including various profiles (Contract, Technical, SMEs…)
- Aptitude stand time pressure and stress while keeping high performance level
- Ability to understand, influence & convince in a complex matricial organisation.
Job Title: Senior Project/Program Manager – Western Africa
Job ID: 0043AJ
- Manage Medium to large size Customer projects (Category B projects with organisational and technical complexity, high level of risk, complex contractual context…) or a portfolio of smaller key projects following applicable company polices and processes (main one being CPP: Customer Project Process).
- Lead functionally the project team (<10 people) to ensure full customer satisfaction and financial performance.
- Manage the relationship with the customer and third parties within project scope and accountable for the execution of the project in line with the contract.
- Contribute to project managers community of practice.
- Organize & manage the project team and suppliers. Monitor their progress in line with Project plan (scope, schedule and budget) till completion.
- Insure effective communication within the team for best team coordination and motivation.
- Manage project contract insuring fulfilment of Schneider Electric contractual obligations and application of its contractual rights.
- Ensure all appropriate actions to timely recover customer receivables (payments…) are done with the support of shared functions.
- Monitor, control & report project execution status, progress & KPIs. Ensure full & effective reporting to management (reports, project reviews, …).
- Inform timely the management about project events impacting project performance or compliance with governance principles.
- Assess the analysis of all kinds of risks & opportunities (Financial, technical, commercial, …) then define and carry till successful completion necessary actions to avoid or mitigate risks and achieve opportunities. Manage claims & variation orders.
- Drive customer relationship (including end-user if applicable), leading and organising all project team interaction with customer organisations (correspondences, emails, calls, meetings, …). Insure highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Take full accountability over project profitability (cost, cash flow & margin) including forecasting, engagements follow-up & re-forecasting. Ensure timely revenue recognition as per forecast. Implement profitability improvement actions.
- Ensure project team and suppliers are executing the project in full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes, quality instructions and governance principles. Take all necessary actions to correct any deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution.
- Handle successfully Project transfer from Selling to Execution phases via proactive involvement with Sales & Tendering team prior to the transfer.
- Contribute to PM Community of Practice within his Execution Center and globally within Execution Center network. Identify, formalise, share and promote lessons learned and best practices.
- Minimum 5 years in Customer Project environment
- Experience in managing equipment or transactional orders is a plus
- Cross functional and cross border experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills, effective in a cross cultural environment to foster collaboration toward a common goal
- Proven leadership skills in project context focusing despite stress and headwinds on business objectives
- Ability to understand, influence & convince in a complex matrix organisation