Selfa Nigeria Limited – We design and implement solutions to enhance the performance of instrumentation, systems and software used in industrial process control and factory automation. Our solutions covers solutions for measuring, monitoring, recording and controlling temperature, liquid analysis, pressure, level, flow, and humidity.
Our mission is to deliver reliable, innovative and cost-effective measurement and control solutions that help our customers achieve enhance performance and achieve higher levels of conformance. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trainee Calibration Technician
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Trainees will work with other technicians within the lab to learn calibration fundamentals which can include measurement, temperature, electronics, etc
- Learn fundamental calibration techniques and processes
- Develop skills necessary to perform calibrations independently
- Develop skills necessary to advance to calibration technician I position within one year which includes proficiency in at least one discipline
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be considered for a technician trainee position, the following knowledge, skills, and abilities are preferred
- Ability to learn new skills in regard to calibration and calibration processes
- Previous experience with electronic or machining training
- Basic mathematical skills including algebra, geometry, and statistics
- Familiarity with basic tools
- Proficiency with office computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic organizational and time management skills
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Physical Science (Physics, Chemistry etc.) or Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Process)
- Experience (Industrial Attachment) in a manufacturing or production environment will be an added advantage
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear.
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle tools and equipment
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee will be required to do some heavy lifting.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online