Semicolon Africa is a social enterprise accelerating digital transformation in Africa. We are on a journey to transform individuals, industries and communities, by spurring them towards solving problems with a focus on talent, technology, and innovation. With the rise in the internet-based economy across the continent, individuals and businesses alike are beginning to digitally adapt to avoid the risk of going extinct. However, to successfully do that, the right talent, skills/ training, partners & advisory are needed. Semicolon Africa aims to be the partner for digital transformation and help businesses and individuals be rightly positioned and adapted while building a thriving technology sector in Africa. We are problem solvers, technologists, and optimists for a better future for Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Sabo, Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: CEO/COO
Mode of Engagement: Physical
- We are searching for a talented Legal Officer who will lead our legal team to handle all our company’s legal transactions, partnerships, and projects.
- Your principal goal will be to guarantee that all our company’s transactions comply with state laws and regulations, while actively helping our company avoid possible legal risks and violations.
- Other duties will include consulting and coordination with the legal team to lead all corporate legal processes such as mergers, compliance issues, transactions, partnerships, review, and drafting of legal documents, and lawsuits.
- Reports to: CEO/COO
- Manages: None
Essential Job Functions:
Specifically, your responsibilities among many other things will include advising on commercial agreements and business transactions such as:
- Commercial contracts – agreements between companies setting out what they can and cannot do in their business relationship.
- Management and mitigation of organizational risks to the barest minimum.
- Ensuring data compliance amongst all arms of the company.
- Spot on the provision of legal guidance across all arms of the company
- Statutory compliance of all laid down needs in line with business needs.
- Organizational secretarial duties.
- Interfacing between the management and members of staff on all legal-related matters.
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Represent the company in legal proceedings.
- Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on legal matters.
- Protect the company against legal risks and violations.
- Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
- Negotiate deals on behalf of the company.
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Legal advisory for portfolio companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Licensed to practice law.
- Minimum of 3 years of cognate experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a corporate lawyer.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding managerial and negotiation skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
30th April, 2023.