WorleyParsons which operates as a division of DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd in Nigeria is a leading provider of professional services to the energy, resources and complex processes industries.
WorleyParsons is recruiting for a Senior Cost Specialist. Job Code: NG-LAG-2009-18410 to be based in lagos Nigeria
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Business, Economics, or equivalent knowledge of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
An additional 4 to 7 years of applicable experience, with a thorough mastery of general project controls software, is typically required.
Develops, implements, and maintains the cost control effort on one or more of the larger projects. The Lead Cost Engineer is a fully qualified professional with solid experience, technical expertise, and education; completes complicated tasks independently.
- Tailors department systems to meet specific project requirements.
- Accumulates and accesses historical data such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
- May interface with clients. May attend regular meetings and give statistical reports. Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships. Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule. Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages. Reports schedule status to appropriate project and Company management as well to the Client.
- May supervise one or more lower level Cost Engineers and/or support personnel. Provides input to Project Controls Manager and Cost regarding staffing requirements. May provide input for performance review of subordinates.
Performs specific duties as assigned:
- Oversees Cost Engineers on a daily routine;
- Facilitates the Cost Reporting function;
- Oversees all cost and schedule change orders related to assigned projects;
- May respond on behalf of the Cost Lead in his absence;
- Reviews all project-specific reports with, or on behalf of the Project Controls Manager;
- May participate in the estimating process as requirements arise.
Click here to apply online