AKMA Engineering Nigeria Limited, a private limited company has its expertise in the business of Civil Engineering, Construction of Roads, Buildings, Bridges, Earthworks and Turnkey Engineering Infrastructures. The company has since inception successfully completed numerous projects in Private and Public sectors of the economies of Nigeria. We are known for our project management knowledge and we understand the market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Drilling Engineer
Position Description – Purpose
- To manage and be single point responsible for the design, programming and safe drilling and completion of wells assigned to his rig to approved standards.
- To monitor the progress of work on his assigned rig and to give real-time advice on operations and other matters affecting the performance of the rig.
Position Description – Accountabilities
- Demonstrate a high commitment to HSE.
- Carry out well design which includes, casing design and selection, drill fluids, torque and drag, well control, drill string using the appropriate well engineering design software.
- Manage the personnel logistics and expedite materials and equipment to and from the rig.
- Promptly process the contractor invoice for jobs rendered.
- Manage the interfaces between CWI, Well Construction, Production Operations and the Development Teams.
- Manage the service contractors to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts
- Prepare the drilling and completion programs, and obtain approvals from relevant authorities.
- Monitor the progress of drilling and completion operations and report critical issues to the Manager.
- Implement change control procedures to ensure that changes to procedures either planned or unplanned have the necessary level of technical authority approval.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A professional engineer in possession of a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
- Good supervisory skills, with sound knowledge of well control techniques and drilling operations practices
- Proficient in English language, both in speech and in writing.
- In possession of a valid IWCF certificates or equivalent.
- Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with drilling engineering software. Conversant with relevant software (Well Plan for Windows, Compass especially)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
- Candidate must be a residence in Lagos state.
- Only shortlisted will be contacted
Application Deadline 29th July, 2016.