Posted on :
11 Sep, 2009
11 Sep, 2009
At AMEC, we have a vision is to be a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the power and process industries. Our people are engaged with AMEC’s values and really committed to achieving ambitious goals
Today, we seek the services of a full time Senior Electrical Designer to be based in our West African region (Nigerian) office in Lagos
– Job requisition ID: 5000
– Rotation: 6 days on, 2 days off, 10 hours per day, 6 days per week
Purpose / Role
• Execute discipline engineering design under guidance of an Engineer.
• Work on own initiative
Key aims and objectives
• Ensure that all project Health Safety and environmental policies are complied with.
• Promote the companies engineering image internally and externally.
• Ensure that technical compliance with all design requirements is met.
• Ensure all work undertaken is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Carry out work in accordance with AMEC and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
• Keep up to date with technical developments on the project.
• Produce accurate and technically correct engineering design deliverables to meet the project scope and schedule.
• Undertake training of junior engineering personnel.
Allied occasional duties
• Act as a mentor when needed.
Key internal interfaces
• Electrical Engineers
• Electrical design team
• Plant layout discipline
Key external interfaces
• When in place liaise with construction subcontractors.
• Understand and basic knowledge of Structural Engineering
• Good communicator.
• Understanding of multi-discipline engineering activities
• Ability to work within a small team.
• Good CAD drafting skills
Offer ends on 30th September 2009