AMEC works across a number of markets ranging from high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world’s energy, power and process industries
AMEC Nigeria is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer for one of our clients to be based in Lagos Nigeria
Job ID: 5604
The main purpose or role of this job is to
- Execute Electrical Discipline engineering activities within budget and schedule, maintain technical integrity
- work on your own initiative.
The Key aims and objectives of the role are
- To execute electrical engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- To Ensure that all project Health Safety and environmental policies are complied with and promote the companies engineering image internally and externally.
- You will ensure that technical compliance with all design requirements is met and also ensure that all work undertaken is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- You will act as a discipline focal point as required.
The prime responsibilities and duties
- To achieve safety standards as defined in the personal performance contract. To be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance and maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process and maintain planning and cost control on all scopes.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and procedures and as far as is practically possible and ensure that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule. Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review and encourage and provide lateral learning within the project.
- Carry out work Carry in accordance with AMEC and project Health, Safety, environmental and Quality Systems and keep up to date with technical developments on the project.
- To produce accurate and technically correct engineering design deliverables to meet the project scope and schedule.
- To undertake training of junior engineering personnel.
Allied occasional duties
- Providing technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Review, check and approve work output of discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Carry out site visits where necessary and assist the Lead Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties.
Key internal interfaces
- Lead Electrical Engineer
- Electrical designer team
- Plant layout discipline
- Assist in training and mentoring of graduates as required
Key external interfaces
- Liaise with engineering sub-contractors and vendors.
- When in place liaise with construction subcontractors.
- Understand and basic knowledge of Electrical and Instrument Engineering
- Good communicator.
- Understanding of multi-discipline engineering activities
- Ability to work within a small team.
This job expires on 8th October 2009
Click here to Apply directly through AMEC website