AMEC is a supplier of supply high-value consultancy, engineering, and project management services to the world’s energy, power and process industries. We not only design, deliver and maintain some of the most complex assets in the world but also are able to provide localised small scale consultancy to meet the needs of our regional clients
AMEC Nigeria is now recruiting for a Senior Plant and Piping Engineer (Job requisition ID: 5607) to be based in Lagos
Purpose / Role
- Execute discipline engineering design under directions of the Lead Engineer. May be responsible for an assigned part of the scope on a project.
- Work on own initiative .
- Required to supervise junior engineers and designers.
- Ensure clients engineering personnel are engaged.
- Understand and knowledge of plant and piping layout engineering.
- Good communicator.
- Good understanding of multi-discipline engineering activities.
- Ability of work within a small team.
- Good understanding of schedule and budget drivers.
- Good knowledge of PDMS.
The key aims and objectives of the role will be to
- Ensure that all project Health Safety and environmental policies are complied with.
- To promote the companies engineering image internally and externally.
- Ensuring that technical compliance with all design requirements is met and all work undertaken by us is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
The prime responsibilities and duties of the role will be
- To carry out work in accordance with AMEC and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- You will ensure that all engineering work is carried out to the highest standards and meets the client’s requirements.
- You will be required to keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements.
- You will produce accurate and technically correct engineering design deliverables to meet the project scope and schedule.
- You will undertake the training of junior engineering design deliverables to meet the project scope and schedule and the training of junior engineering personnel and act as a mentor when needed.
- It is essential for this role that you have a Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline and relevant engineering experience in the offshore oil & gas industry.
- You will be a Good communicator with an excellent understanding of multi-discipline engineering activities and have a good understanding of schedules, budget drivers and PDMS.
- Knowledge and experience of Nigeria would be advantageous.
This Job Expires 9th October 2009
Click here to apply directly through AMEC website