Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Products & Services PR – Senior PR Manager, South African and African Operations
Job ID: 16000HOM
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This position will drive a fully integrated communications agenda around Oracle’s products & services in the SaaS space to build, promote and protect Oracle’s brand and reputation across Africa.
- Tightly linked with Sales and Field Marketing, the role will create, integrate and execute communications programs to support the business and provide strategic communications counsel in delivering consistency of communication.
- As a key role within Oracle EMEA Corporate Communications this position will report directly to the Corporate Communications Manager for South Africa and the African Operations and become a member of the EMEA PR Council.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set the communications strategy and focus on Oracle’s business priorities for the CFO, CHRO and CMO audiences to establish Oracle as the global market leader in the Cloud, specifically within Software as a Service (Applications) in the region
- Assess and deliver robust multi-channel media and social customer engagement programs with a focus on content, placement, engagement and value.
- Identify, build and shape interactions with Influencer communities (media, bloggers, customers and partners) by surrounding them with a dynamic flow of news, opinion, commentary and expertise.
- Identify and work closely with spokespeople and luminaries
- Assist in crisis management and response plans for Oracle’s communications on issues originating from Oracle’s Products & Services portfolio
- Develop and execute integrated PR campaigns that tell the Oracle story to these specific audiences in a compelling way – focusing on customers, partners and influencers.
- Drive measurable collaboration across Corporate Communications, Sales, Field and Brand Communications to ensure key communications plans, narratives and content deliverables are used to maximum effect
Skills & Competencies
- The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of how technology is shaping and advancing the everyday lives of individuals as well as organisations – and demonstrated skills in applying that understanding to successful communications.
- He/She should have suitable knowledge and experience working in Africa.
- A University degree is expected and the ability to travel will be required.
- This role must be filled by an outstanding professional, passionate about communications with a zealous interest in learning and delivering results, with minimum 5 years current experience working with technology from a business perspective.
- He or she will have excellent strategic planning skills, a solid understanding of the B2B technology industry and proven corporate communications and social media expertise.
- Experience of working within a global enterprise and counselling senior management in a dynamic environment are essentials and a high degree of personal initiative, collaboration and written communication skills are absolutes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply below