AMEC is an internatonal Energy and power consultancy company, AMEC Nigeria is currently seeking for the services of a Senior Process Engineer for an ongoing project, this position is to be based in Lagos Nigeria Job ID: 5603
The purpose or aim of the job position is
- To execute discipline engineering design under guidance of a Senior Engineer.
- Be responsible for an assigned part of the scope on a project.
- Ensure that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with accordingly and that the Client business drivers and company performance incentives are fully understood by all discipline personnel being supervised.
- Maintain technical integrity within discipline.
Functional Roles & Responsibilities
- To ensure that the technical competence of discipline staff supervised is matched to the work in hand. You will maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff and ensure that the work output of discipline assigned staff complies with the relevant procedures.
- Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule and keep up-to-date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline.
- Provide assistance in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers.
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedule and provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required.
- Also be required to providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in work packs and, or design books on time to meet offshore deadlines.
- You will be responsible for producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe.
- You will be responsible as a key member of the Project team for achieving the Project target and completion of the Project within the budget and schedule.
- Preparation of engineering and construction scope for both man-hours and equipment estimates where necessary and producing cost effective designs that is fit for the purpose and safe.
- You will also produce work packs and, or design books on time to meet offshore deadlines.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline and relevant engineering experience in the offshore oil & gas industry.
- Experience in P&ID development and detailed engineering of Brownfield facilities
- Experienced in simulation technology wrt HYSYS, UNISIM and other process software such as Pipephase, Pipenet, Flaresim, Flarenet, etc
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment
This Job expires on the 8th of October 2009
Click here to apply immediately