Posted on :
20 Sep, 2011
WorleyParsons is a dynamic company whose success has resulted from outstanding project delivery for customers around the world. The company provides services to the hydrocarbons, minerals & metals, infrastructure and power sectors:
WorelyParsons is recruiting for Senior Project Engineer
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Advertising Category: Engineering/Design & Sciences
Location: NG – Lagos Lagos, LA, NG
Position Title: Senior Project Engineer
Position reports to: The Project Manager
Manage and Coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
Ensure that projects satisfy customer needs and expectations in all respects.
Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Asset Basis of Design.
Facilitate and develop a proactive and cohesive team.
• Continuous improvement of the Company’s project management systems to adapt to business needs and to respond to “lessons learned”
• Ensuring uniformity of application of management systems throughout all projects
• Building and fostering a positive team working environment.
• Integrated client and project relationships.
• Development of line staff.
• Promoting a “fit-for-purpose” and value-led company culture.
• Maintain an active Action Items Register and ensure that the listed items are followed up and effectively progressed to completion;
• Initiate (where applicable) change requests, PAMs, and CARs for additional work;
• Follow up and track all approved project changes using the Change Management System;
• Ensuring that technical concept and method is in accordance with common industrial standards of practice;
• Assisting with pre-mobilization activities such as offshore surveys;
• Engineering support during execution phase of the project (fabrication, offshore). Liaise with project team on technical matters;
• Technical liaison with Client, Procurement, Construction and Subcontractors during bidding stage, pre-award and post-award of Contract;
• Liaison with Subcontractor as required, in support of Contracts Manager;
• Execute project assignments and check deliverables;
• Compilation and finalization of As-Built Data Books.
• Responsible for all inter-discipline co-ordination and technical management of third parties.
• Establishment of project execution plans, contracting strategies, planning and cost control systems.
• Compliance with regulatory, legal, quality and company requirements
• Design basis, design scopes and subsequent performance
• Changes to design
• Regular reporting of project status to clients and Projects Manager
• Identifying, managing and mitigating project risks
• Maximising project value to both client and Company
• Ensure that hazards are effectively identified and managed in the design and installation of engineering modifications to allow the installed plant to be operated safely. Comply with the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Act, WA.
• Evidence that hazards have been systematically identified and applied on all projects (JHA’s, HAZOP’s). Evidence that the applicable codes and standards have been identified and applied (eg. Project Execution Plan).
• Maintain a safe place of work for personnel within the Asset Team by ensuring that hazards in the workplace are identified and managed.
• Actively solicit and encourage input from all team members in improving OHSE performance.
• Evidence of OSH awareness in assigned teams. For example, records showing active involvement by team members in improving OHSE performance.
Performance against assigned HSE Plan items.
Performance in HSE audits.
• Understand and apply Worley quality management system. Establish quality requirements on assigned projects and ensure that they are understood and applied by all project personnel.
• Records showing that quality requirements are established and understood. Records of formal and informal quality audits showing compliance. Rework costs on assigned projects below target.
• Ensure that the customers’ needs and expectations are fully satisfied on assigned projects.
• Evidence of regular and formal customer feedback showing that needs and expectations are satisfied eg project feedback form.
• Resolve assigned Recommendations and Corrective Action Requests.
• RECs & CARs resolved within agreed target time
• Assist in ongoing development of quality requirements as required. Work together with Asset Team Leader and with Quality Team Leader to maintain effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
• Record of involvement in continuing development of system.
• Assist Asset Team Leaders in conducting quality audits as required.
• Audit reports
• Manage assigned work (including shutdowns, projects and maintenance) effectively to control scope, cost and schedule.
• Overall KPIs on cost and schedule.
• Coordinate development of project budgets, obtaining input from project members and project stakeholders.
• Budgets are complete and realistic; allowing costs to be managed effectively and satisfying customer’s cost expectations. Performance based on the achievement of budgets.
• Contribute to development, maintenance and application of estimating norms for engineering work, including scoping, planning and quoting (materials, plant, equipment and personnel).
• Evidence that norms are current and are used.
• Develop and promote initiatives to improve cost effectiveness on assigned work.
• Evidence of initiatives developed and implemented. Evidence of cost savings achieved.
• Ensure constructability, quality and cost are integrated into all work packs in the engineering design stage, prior to work commencement.
• Evidence of feedback from supervisors and/or superintendents that constructability issues are addressed adequately in design eg. Job card review sheet, comments received
• Assist Asset Team Leader with performance appraisals and competency development of assigned project engineering personnel, as directed.
• Records showing that performance is regularly assessed and discussed with personnel. Performance problems are managed according to TW policies and procedures. Records showing that training and development of personnel are consistent with role statements and appraisals. Evidence of deadlines set and met by team members
• Assist Asset Team Leaders in the recruitment of project engineering personnel.
• Ensure that on assigned projects, personnel work within their competencies and with appropriate supervision.
• Provide mentoring for project engineers if required and nominated by the Asset Team Leader.
• Integrate input from all project stakeholders, ensure that objectives are clearly defined, agreed and understood. Ensure clear understanding of cost and schedule objectives as well as technical requirements.
• Evidence that project objectives are defined fully and agreed before detailed design commences.
• Manage changes during project to control impact on safety (in design and implementation) and project objectives as well as cost and schedule.
• Evidence that change control methods are applied effectively and that the impacts of changes in the project are controlled.
• Supervise and coordinate personnel working on assigned projects.
• Evidence of effective cooperation between all personnel involved in the project, with the result that work is carried out competently and effectively within time and budget constraints and project objectives are satisfied. allocated eg use of team effectiveness criteria
• Manage risks in all aspects of project in order to satisfy the customer’s expectations completely.
• Evidence that risks have been systematically identified and managed on assigned projects.
• Manage project related internal and external communications with customers, suppliers and project personnel
• Project filing systems complete and up to date. Records of communication
• Manage project documentation. Project documentation controlled and tracked effectively.
• Keep stakeholders informed.
• Accurate project status and progress information communicated to stakeholders regularly.
• Manage procurement activities. Coordinate between designers, procurement and logistics personnel.
• Correct materials delivered to site on time with a minimum of wastage.
• All project work under the Snr Project Engineers control meets project objectives
• 0% Rework within the Projects
• Manage project close-out.
• Close-out activities defined at the start of the project and completed within the agreed time. Job card review sheet.
• Lessons learnt communicated within asset through the Asset Team Leader.
• Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
• Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
• Technically competent with high analytical and problem solving skills
• Skilled at setting and completing work plans and schedules and committed to meeting milestones and targets.
• Good understanding of Worley and the industry’s drivers
• Ability to identify and achieve the optimal technical and commercial position within the job context
• Skilled at leadership and integrating specialists and consultants
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• National Competency Standard for Project Management
• Experience in planning and management of others is desirable.
• Bachelor of Engineering (or equivalent)
• Registered engineer
• 10 or more years experience in the Oil and Gas industry
• Has had overseas/project assignment and construction experience
• Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels
• Demonstrated experience in managing EPC activities in a multi-discipline environment
Apply for this job