WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineers to be based in Nigeria
The ideal candidate should have a relevant tertiary qualification in civil/structural engineering field; design practices and design quality standards and 5 to 8 years of related work experience, including a Working knowledge of the latest applicable engineering codes and standards, In addition to this, an engineer-in-training (EIT) certificate is preferred.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in civil/structural engineering field.
- Working knowledge of the latest applicable engineering codes and standards, design practices and design quality standards.
- Familiar with all design documentation and their use and be able to originate and check such documents.
- 5 to 8 years of related work experience. In addition, an engineer-in-training (EIT) certificate is preferred.
- Proficient in computer engineering software packages like SACS and StaadPro.
- Sound knowledge of structural drawing office produced deliverables and familiar with MDR
- Proficiency in utilizing PC and various Window applications software is required.
- Requires communication skills to be able to successfully work in a team environment and communicate effectively with other disciplines.
- Must have experience in integration of equipment and over 3 years experience in Transportation Analysis.
- Must possess good knowledge of Abacus.
- Assist senior engineers in making design basis for a project
- Be able to check the basic engineering calculations/MTO done by juniors
- Be able to produce drawings independently with help of CAD personnel
- Be able to interact with other disciplines relevant for the project
- Be able to model and run softwares like STAAD, SACS, et.c., for the basic analysis like in-place, piles, et.c.
- Be able to interpret properly the analysis result (output) of the software for the basic type of analysis like static and perservices analyses
- Prepare site checklist and site visit report independently
- Prepare analysis and design report.
- The engineer should be able to perform conventional and moderate-complex engineering assignments, applying techniques and analysis within a discipline.
- The engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices and company procedures.
- Some assignments involve CAD applications, willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, clients or construction site is required.