SGF Limited – We are a leading indigenous downstream Oil and Gas company in Nigeria. As a result of expansion and new business opportunities, we seek for immediate employment professionals with cognate years of experience, strong academic credentials and the right attitude to work who will deliver value to stakeholders in the capacity below:
Job Title: Senior Finance & Account Manager
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will coordinate all financial activities including planning, budgeting, forecasting and funding in order to facilitate optimal returns on funds invested in business operations.
- He/She will be reporting to the Managing Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops annual plans and budgets to support the achievement of the corporate strategy
- Supervises accounting functions and preparation of financial statistics and reports.
- Establishes and maintains accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data is available for business operations and planning
- Coordinates the corporate budget preparation process and supports Heads of departments in the formulation of cost management measures.
- Candidate must have worked in the capacity of a Finance Manager within a corporate organization, as a financial analyst or investment manager in a fund, or in an investment Bank
- Proven entrepreneurial or entrepreneurial accomplishments with an industry reputation for successful execution and sound business acumen.
- Strong capabilities in financial planning and analysis, debt and equity structuring, budgeting, reporting and accounting operations.
- Continuously source and secure adequate debt and/or equity funding on favorable terms to support the group’s existing operations and future growth plans.
- Formulate and implement strategies to maximize returns on idle funds available within the group through low-risk investments while ensuring that there is always sufficient cash to meet financial obligations associated with the group’s day-to-day operations.
- Formulate and coordinate efficient processes for all group companies to forecast revenue and expenses and for forecasts to be presented for products, for subsidiaries and for the entire group.
- Setup processes to determine funding requirements at product, subsidiary and group levels as well as map such requirements to available sources of funds.
- Formulate and implement financial modeling approaches to accurately determine profitability on various basic units associated with business models across the group in order to guide pricing and predict/scrutinize ROI in new subsidiaries or new products.
- Setup seamless, and where possible, automated operations for recognizing expenses and revenue as well as processing expense payments, collecting cash, and generating reports.
- Engage with existing and potential new investors to provide financial and related information required pre- and post-investment along with additional communication to establish a favorable impression of the group.
- Oversee the provision of all required information to internal and independent auditors during audit engagements and ensure that all audit issues are resolved according to agreed schedule.
- Ensure the daily bank reconciliation report to the Managing Director.
- Manage bank relationships.
- Drives a cost-saving culture across all areas of the business.
- Oversees tax remittance, payment of insurance premiums and other statutory fees.
- Reviews weekly reports submitted by various units/departments and presents timely reports to the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Experiences and Attributes:
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience, 4 of which must have been in a Management position of an organisation, interfacing with the Executive team and Financial partners
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline (Second Class Upper Division/ HND Upper Credit)
- Relevant professional certifications e.g., Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP, IFRS
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related discipline is an advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control
- Corporate finance
- Problem solving, numerical & analytical skills
- Financial reporting
- Relationship management
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Knowledge of relevant Accounting software
- Tax planning/management
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadine: 5th February, 2021.